Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cod5.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by whnay., Nov 9, 2009.

1. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

^^^
    Ahh, I was getting really confused when I was playing earlier. Some guy on the other team just kept dashing in (javelin and riot shield) and taking out several of us at a time (and dying at the same time of course). I wasn't getting how the javelin could be used in such a way. Thanks for pointing that out.

2. Lel

Lel Senior member

If you have a javelin or stinger equipped you can arm a semtex and than switch to your javelin. Once you have done that, when you get killed your javelin fires and blows up everything in the area.

It's really lame and ruins a lot of game types. When the fuck is this patch coming out? They need to fix a lot of shit.

I think IW has finished the fix for the problem but it's MS not letting them release the patch.

Yeah and anyone who encounters javelin glitches, report that shit. Tired of it.

3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    that's what snipers are for [​IMG]

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Domination is waaaaaaay more fun than TDM. What other modes do you guys recommend?

5. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Hardcore headquarters.

6. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Domination is a lot of fun. I remember when I brought Mauro into a domination match and I am pretty sure he started crying.

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

Domination is a lot of fun. I remember when I brought Mauro into a domination match and I am pretty sure he started crying.
    I'm surprised...from what I read here it seems like he's a perfect defender. It's completely different, I love it. Dom is where the game's meta-strategy truly shines.

8. Mauro

^^ bullshit. You have to pump a million bullets into one person and your team normally runs like a chicken with there heads cut off. Other than that I do like it.

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

In Dominiation all you do is basically shoot em up. You get tons of kills though. I hate derail on ANY damn online mode. I must say I prefer the previous online levels, the MW2 levels there is tons of camping going on.

10. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

In Dominiation all you do is basically shoot em up. You get tons of kills though. I hate derail on ANY damn online mode. I must say I prefer the previous online levels, the MW2 levels there is tons of camping going on.

Is it just me or is camping harder to do in this game? MW1, you could camp all damn day.

11. Mauro

I LOVE to camp. I think it's a great part of the game. I don't think it's any harder than MW1.

If people would play as a team you would see that it pays off.
    I played domination last night and I had fun. I think if there was a domination hardcore it would be even better.

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I LOVE to camp. I think it's a great part of the game. I don't think it's any harder than MW1.

If people would play as a team you would see that it pays off.
    I played domination last night and I had fun. I think if there was a domination hardcore it would be even better.

I hate campers! Don't run and ride.

13. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Starting to get the hang of it - my K/D ratio is around 1/1 still most of the time but I tend to be the highest scoring on the team because I actually try to accomplish objectives? I run around quake style most of the time.

Loving the burst fire on M16 & Famas. Hating Shotuns. Friggin noobsticks. Seriously. No fun at all. I feel dirty when I use them.

Playing ground wars all the time. Domination is annoying as hell when your team is stupid and don't help capture. Team DM can be more of a solo effort.

Is everyone playing this on XBOX?? No one playing on PC? Can PC versions play w/ Xbox?

14. MagV

MagV Well-Known Member

Starting to get the hang of it - my K/D ratio is around 1/1 still most of the time but I tend to be the highest scoring on the team because I actually try to accomplish objectives? I run around quake style most of the time.

Loving the burst fire on M16 & Famas. Hating Shotuns. Friggin noobsticks. Seriously. No fun at all. I feel dirty when I use them.

Playing ground wars all the time. Domination is annoying as hell when your team is stupid and don't help capture. Team DM can be more of a solo effort.

Is everyone playing this on XBOX?? No one playing on PC? Can PC versions play w/ Xbox?

Xbox for me. You cannot play players on other platforms.

15. suited

suited Senior member

The game has grown on me a bit, but I still feel it has the same fundamental error as the previous: The kill basically goes to whoever sees the other person first-which is pure random luck. There aren't really any gun battles. In the event both players see one another at the same time (maybe 10% of the time this happens), the kill will go to whoever happens to shoot better. The fast play is fun at first but seems to get boring about 1-2 months into owning the game because of the lack of strategy. At least that's what happened with most of my friends who bought the previous version.

Nobody wants to shoot someone in the back and have them turn around and kill you, but I feel like game play where you have more life and bullets do less damage yields a higher level of strategy because there are actual gun fights and the better shooter wins 75% of the time (ie Socom).