• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing Brands Similar to Hickey, Black Fleece, Band Of Outsiders,

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
They always have shirts for 50-70% off on their website. I'd never pay full retail, but I think they're worth $70ish a shirt. Probably going to buy 1-2 more to finish out my collection. I really like their button downs from this season, amazing button down collars.

what brand are you talking about

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
what brand are you talking about
Oh sorry, Hickey. www.hickeystyle.com. The retail on their shirts is outrageous ($200-$300), but nobody buys them so they are all marked down significantly. I guess the whole BoO-esque cut didn't sell, so they are going for a more traditional style

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Oh sorry, Hickey. www.hickeystyle.com. The retail on their shirts is outrageous ($200-$300), but nobody buys them so they are all marked down significantly. I guess the whole BoO-esque cut didn't sell, so they are going for a more traditional style

huh? they changed the cut? because to me it looks like all thats changed in the newer shirts is all that wierd **** they put on them- weed logo on sleeve, gusseted and grommeted underarms.. weed snap buttons

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
They are changing the cut for F/W (the shirts haven't been posted yet). Right now they have several cuts, including 'sport' (the slimmest), 'dress' (much longer shirt, less fitted), 'hunter' and 'western'. They also have a cut for some OCBDs that is a cross between the dress/sport. In the future, instead of having the different cuts, there will only be one, which will be much fuller, longer, and generally more 'appealing'. I got the impression that the brand wasn't doing well.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where else can you get rugby ralph lauren besides the stores

The Nordstrom in the Mall of America sells Rugby, as much of it ends up at the Rack, which is also conveniently located in the mall. Also, check RL outlets. I find a lot of stuff there as well.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
The Nordstrom in the Mall of America sells Rugby, as much of it ends up at the Rack, which is also conveniently located in the mall. Also, check RL outlets. I find a lot of stuff there as well.

ah. thanks

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
They are changing the cut for F/W (the shirts haven't been posted yet). Right now they have several cuts, including 'sport' (the slimmest), 'dress' (much longer shirt, less fitted), 'hunter' and 'western'. They also have a cut for some OCBDs that is a cross between the dress/sport. In the future, instead of having the different cuts, there will only be one, which will be much fuller, longer, and generally more 'appealing'. I got the impression that the brand wasn't doing well.
how do you know this? on the website, there are no different fits.

Lysol

Reaction score
Not at all easy to come by and not at all affordable, but Michael Bastian should be in this thread. If you appreciate the aesthetics of BoO or Thom Browne but don't like the overly exaggerated cuts Michael Bastian gets my vote. It can be difficult to find at discount and retail is in the Thom Browne range.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
how do you know this? on the website, there are no different fits.
I know this because I own like 10 different hickey shirts, from this season and last.. The shirts with cut away collars are dress shirts, they are less slim and longer. Shirts with button down collars/spread collars are the more fitted shirts ('sport'). In the clearance section the shirts are labeled with each fit, and in the current S/S lineup experience/common sense shows what cut each shirt is... ie: the western shirt is the 'western fit'. After talking with an SA at the SoHo store, I heard about the changes to the shirt line.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
I know this because I own like 10 different hickey shirts, from this season and last.. The shirts with cut away collars are dress shirts, they are less slim and longer. Shirts with button down collars/spread collars are the more fitted shirts ('sport'). In the clearance section the shirts are labeled with each fit, and in the current S/S lineup experience/common sense shows what cut each shirt is... ie: the western shirt is the 'western fit'. After talking with an SA at the SoHo store, I heard about the changes to the shirt line.
well, I've gone to the store and looked through a couple shirts(I only have the plain oxfords, they are all the same), and you are in fact, correct, about the first point. But I just emailed hickey, and I got this regarding changes to the shirt line:
Dear Nick, The fall shirts have not been cut any different then in previous seasons. The hickey style line is not changing the cuts of their shirts to a fuller cut. The cut will remain the same, a slimmer fit but, we are planning on offering sizing up to a 2XL. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you, Tara Amico E-Commerce Customer Service

Amory

Reaction score
damn. I live in rockland county, and wish I didn't have to make the trip to the city every time I wanted Rugby. I hear theres a shop in the hamptons; Ill check it out when I go on vacation to montauk in 6 weeks.

There's a rugby store in Greenwich. If traffic isn't bad that doesn't take long (depending where you live in Rockland).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads