• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing Brands Similar to Hickey, Black Fleece, Band Of Outsiders,

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
I know this seems sort of like my other thread, but here I am asking about casual clothing. What are other brands like these that sort of cater to the young ivy type of style?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Do you want similair price points, or more/less expensive? Also **** Hickey. They have fallen off hard from last season. I tried on some pants from their S/S line and they were extremely poorly made, especially considering the outrageous price point. Even worse, and I hope this isn't true, an SA I talked to at their SoHo store told me that they're altering their shirt fit from now on to be much less slim, and far more appealing to the average person... They are also getting rid of the different modes: ie western, hunter, dress or sport.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Preppy:
ralph lauren
rugby

waspy:
abercrombie & fitch
hollister

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick Ervell
Nom De Guerre
Junya Wantanabe
Engineered Garments (somewhat different take)
Rag & Bone

the list go on...

This kind of questions re: casual clothes would get better responses in the SW&D forum, BTW.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
where else can you get rugby ralph lauren besides the stores

nowhere really...I'm a massive RL Rugby fan, for its fit and moderate price points.

I'm really curious as to why RL doesn't sell Rugby on its website. I'd literally buy one of everything.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
seriously... if anyone likes hickey shirts buy them now, because from now on they will be garbage =/

untilted

Reaction score
i like rugby a lot too. ivy league details + slimmer fit.

check out j.press, although it's much more traditional. i doubt you'd like the real sacks, but you may be interested in neckwear, sweaters, and accessories.

a some brooks brothers stuff may work.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
seriously... if anyone likes hickey shirts buy them now, because from now on they will be garbage =/

Man, that's a shame. I've got four of them and I really dig them.

Always thought they were way overpriced at retail though. Luckily, I was always able to score them on this forum at $50/pop.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score

Does that also apply to the following clothing from Hickey Freeman: suits, sportsjackets, dress pants, odd vests, tuxedos, tailcoats, formal odd vests and (dress and formal) overcoats?

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
damn. I live in rockland county, and wish I didn't have to make the trip to the city every time I wanted Rugby. I hear theres a shop in the hamptons; Ill check it out when I go on vacation to montauk in 6 weeks.

Originally Posted by untilted
i like rugby a lot too. ivy league details + slimmer fit.

check out j.press, although it's much more traditional. i doubt you'd like the real sacks, but you may be interested in neckwear, sweaters, and accessories.

a some brooks brothers stuff may work.

Yeah,my parents always bought me clothes like that, and thats been my own personal style ever since, but now I'm starting to be able to afford to buy nice clothes on my own, and developing my own sense of style, and I also like slimmer fits. I have a closet full of Polo Ralph Lauren, J press, Brooks Brothers, etc

thats my point in the other thread. weird gussets and grommets and weed logos on the shirts... its horrible because I really liked them

Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Does that also apply to the following clothing from Hickey Freeman: suits, sportsjackets, dress pants, odd vests, tuxedos, tailcoats, formal odd vests and (dress and formal) overcoats?

not at all; hickey[style] is a seperate brand. Hickey Freeman is classic as always.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
They always have shirts for 50-70% off on their website. I'd never pay full retail, but I think they're worth $70ish a shirt. Probably going to buy 1-2 more to finish out my collection. I really like their button downs from this season, amazing button down collars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads