• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes you're too small-timer to wear

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
Fur coat.

If a pimp coat is over you head then you are ************.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
If a pimp coat is over you head then you are ************.
I just can't do the right facial expression.
2182mencoyote7.jpg

eMacPaul

Reaction score
Top hats.

zorglubb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
I'd rock that jacket, I wish it was my size. I've been on the lookout for something like that in red. What am I too small time to wear? A monacle. Way over my head.
Monocle%2520Man.jpg

A monocle was generally associated with rich upper-class men. Combined with a morning coat and top-hat, it completed the costume of the stereotypical 1890s capitalist. Monocles were also stereotypical accessories of German military officers from this period, especially from the First World War, where the stereotypical German Oberst would plot the demise of enemy forces with monocle in place to examine attack charts. German officers who actually wore a monocle include Werner von Fritsch, Erich Ludendorff, Walter Model, Walter von Reichenau, Hans von Seeckt and Hugo Sperrle. those are some serious men

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's only one guy on this site who is big-timer enough to rock the monocle:
3096421308_856b4fc6ed_o.png

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferguscan
I am seriously contemplating the Akubra topper. It's reasonably cheap, and what else can I wear with my morning dress? Stuart
I really suggest buying vintage top hats from ebay. I am very pleased with buying mine from this website. http://www.silktophats.eu/ Sometimes I decide to wear mine in a very UNtraditional way.
dianneo2DSC_4475-3.jpg
nicholasatfashionshow1.jpg
Before I owned a proper waistcoat or a morning coat I wore it with a sweater and a blazer. I broke the rules big time! Now I have the more traditional morning and evening wear but no pictures in them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8