• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes Protection:

Kazou

Reaction score
here you are Ranker. Read up. http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7435.html

For those that want to know, cedar is questionable as only the oil of the eastern red cedar is known to kill young larvae but not older larvae and is needed in strong concentration (although I'm not dissuading you from using it) . I have used Cy-Kick and it kills the larvae and adult clothing moth. D-Force HPX is another brand that supposed to work as well. Both are aerosol cans that you just spray.

mic

Reaction score
Any body use or try this product? It's Reefer-Galler 1474 SLA moth spray. I believe the active ingredient is permethrin.

41src3KtbJL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have a moth problem that I've been ignoring, but after pulling my only cashmere sweater out of a drawer and finding a hole in it, I'm ready to go to war...

Wideknot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stavros
I have tried storing a couple cashmere sweaters in a vacuum bag for a few months, after hand-washing them. They came out a little wrinkled, but that was easily taken care of by a steamer. No idea about how lack of breathing affects the fabric though--they look and feel fine to me. I store suits and coats in canvas bags, not sure why.

That's my method. At the end of the season, all woolens like sweaters, odd slacks, or scarves get cleaned, placed in a vacuum bag, and sealed. Haven't had any problems this way, either from insect damage or deterioration of the fabric. I have had problems in the past sealing clothes into canvas bags with moth balls. Suits stay in the closet. Frankly, most of my suits are three season and are really worn year-round. A few tweed jackets and a winter weight flannel suit see four-five months of rest in the summer but haven't been affected by insects.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
WTF does "being married to an Asian" have to do with anything, and why the classification as "an Asian?"

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
WTF does "being married to an Asian" have to do with anything, and why the classification as "an Asian?"

You'll find that earthdragon is one of the most racist posters on styleforum. His constant, never-ending vitriol against the ******** brings extreme shame to his Aryan ancestors.

beerbudget

Reaction score
My problem in Australia is with silverfish. Due to carelessness, i've recently lost a EZ cashmere which was stored in it's silk bag, a cheaper cashmere which i left lying around, an alpaca sweater and another half dozen old wool sweaters (not fussed about the wool sweaters as they were just old beaters). Fortunately i store all my good cashmere and the like in zippered bags and have stepped up the use of camphor.

Was a good excuse to purchase some new sweaters but disappointing to lose the EZ cashmere as i'd only worn it about a dozen times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads