• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes for a first meeting(or a casual "date")

Popsandfriends

Reaction score
Hello again,
In about 3 or 4 weeks, I am meeting a girl I met off of myspace about two towns over. She just one day said "we should meet, if thats ok with you" so I figured wow, when I do....what should I wear
tongue.gif

Should I be looking for a very casual appearance, or should I maybe dress it up a tad bit (ie a dress shirt, untucked w/jeans). Before I ask any more questions, I'll let you provide me with some feedback.

Thanks!
Hunter

Memphis

Reaction score
provide us with a pic of the girl and we will let you know
smile.gif

I would say to spruce it up a little but but dont come off "dressy." I have found that going all out on my dress has made me unapproachable, or too high class, as told to me by many people I come in contact with.

alterion

Reaction score
seeing as you met them on myspace i'd recommend this
jacket to be on the safe-side :p
along with some nice thick 21oz jeans
tounge.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A dress shirt and jeans would be the minimum I would wear. Especially if it's in the evening, I'd add a casual sportcoat (
teacha.gif
jackets are designed to accentuate masculine features). And obviously, dressy shoes.

Popsandfriends

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alterion
seeing as you met them on myspace i'd recommend this
jacket to be on the safe-side :p
along with some nice thick 21oz jeans
tounge.gif

oh man...i laughed out loud at that hahaha.

so...minimum. last date i went on, i was severely overdressed haha...im worried cause this isnt really a date cause that word was never used lol.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
However you normally dress, dress that way but it would depend on what you've got planned for the evening. We're talking about some random chick off myspace, not some high class hooker, right? (Not rhetorical)

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make it a daytime or afternoon casual meeting at someplace like a coffeeshop. Dress just well enough to be the best dressed guy there.

And since this is some random myspace chick, warning signs include 1) An adam's apple, 2) Some guy in a fur coat coming over to ask how you like her when she is in the washroom

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Popsandfriends
Hello again,
In about 3 or 4 weeks, I am meeting a girl I met off of myspace about two towns over.

You made plans 3 or 4 weeks in advance with an internet chick? I'll be suprised if this "date" actually happens.

Anyway, wear whatever you want to wear.

Popsandfriends

Reaction score
biggrin.gif
haha, it would have taken a huge CIA/FBI like conspiracy to set all this up. I hope shes a woman though! lol you never can be sure. Im pretty picky about how I look when I go out, its a bit of OCD or something, so i'll def dress the part.

prozach1576

Reaction score
As far as stuff in my wardrobe goes...I'd probably wear a corduroy blazer over a light v-neck, jeans, and ankle boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads