• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleverley Summer Trunk Show in Boston

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jon5986
There is no pressure to buy. Just send them an email and make an appointment. It's tough not to buy though once you see their product.

It'll be easy as I don't have the cash
laugh.gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Glasgow mentioned the Anthony Cleverley Semi-bespoke line was all done in house while the other semi-bespoke shoes were a mix (in house and outsourced)

He preferred to add more "bespoke" features and hand work to the A.C. line...which in turn justifies the current asking price of about 900-1000 pounds.

It would be interesting to see if Cleverley uses the same quality calf leather for the A.C. semi-bespoke lines as in their bespoke shoes.

I concur with the comments of others that based on observations alone, the A.C. semi-bespoke line is made to a higher quality than their previous semi-bespoke offerings

Their are numerous Anthony Cleverley designed shoes which have not be released to their semi-bespoke line. I might ask Mr. Glasgow if he'll try a design or two as a prototype.

jon5986

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329

Their are numerous Anthony Cleverley designed shoes which have not be released to their semi-bespoke line. I might ask Mr. Glasgow if he'll try a design or two as a prototype.

That is interesting. What type of designs are you thinking of? What do you have on order from Cleverley at present?

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Mr. Glasgow mentioned the Anthony Cleverley Semi-bespoke line was all done in house while the other semi-bespoke shoes were a mix (in house and outsourced)

He preferred to add more "bespoke" features and hand work to the A.C. line...which in turn justifies the current asking price of about 900-1000 pounds.

It would be interesting to see if Cleverley uses the same quality calf leather for the A.C. semi-bespoke lines as in their bespoke shoes.

I concur with the comments of others that based on observations alone, the A.C. semi-bespoke line is made to a higher quality than their previous semi-bespoke offerings

That is interesting. What type of designs are you thinking of? What do you have on order from Cleverley at present?

I found this old Anthony Cleverley designs in one of centipede's galleries. I would love it if enough of us demanded this model that George Glasgow would put it in production for the line.

Just reply to this thread if you're interested.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will consider 2 more Cleverley designs in the near future...all semi-bespoke

One is the classic rolled apron side gussetted shoe with that classic chiseled toe...Flussers book has a picture of it in the Cleverley entry...naturally I'm considering adding imitation lacing

The other is an A.C. design, it was his take on the classic full wing tip brogue with side gussetted, imitation brogued, and imitation lacing. Centipede had an entry of A.C. designs but it alludes me. Mr. Glasgow did not provide a final answer as I put further orders on hold until I wear my first order for a few months to ensure their product fit well.

They have access to a gorgeous ultra dark brown calf leather that I call Black Coffee...I'll likely use this one the first one and black calf on the 2nd

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread neads more Cleverley Appreciation...so here it is
20e96e02.jpg

8790c213.jpg

17b33ca5.jpg

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
I found this old Anthony Cleverley designs in one of centipede's galleries. I would love it if enough of us demanded this model that George Glasgow would put it in production for the line.

Just reply to this thread if you're interested.

Alas, no faux-laces, but it is a side-lace:

anthony00039-1.jpg

jon5986

Reaction score
That is defiantly a shoe I would be interested in! Is that from Cleverley's old book of shoes made by Anthony?

pledge

Reaction score
That is defiantly a shoe I would be interested in! Is that from Cleverley's old book of shoes made by Anthony?

Correct, courtesy of centipede. Start the bandwagon!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alas, no faux-laces, but it is a side-lace:

anthony00039-1.jpg

is this from the ladies collection?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Correct, courtesy of centipede. Start the bandwagon!

Empty your inbox. It is no longer accepting messages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads