1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Cleverley Disappointed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 300rwhp, Feb 17, 2005.

1. 300rwhp

300rwhp Member

I recently bought a pair of black rtw wholecuts and am experiencing wrinkling and little crack like lines not just in the toe box either. does this mean the shoes have crap leather ? they fit very well so they are not too big? What should i do i use the trees they sold me all the time. I bought them in january and have worn them 3 times and am seeing cracking and wrinkling

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

My 6-year-old Ferragamos don't do that. I use shoe trees, but I don't know that this is what keeps them looking so nice.

3. android

android Member

I don't think it's the shoemaker's fault, but I do believe that the tanners use the poorer hides for black.

And yes, you should always use the trees and rotate your shoes.

4. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've had similar experiences (not usually that quickly).

First remedy is a resolution to moisturize shoes and otherwise follow instructions. American central heat is a bear.

Second is to make future black shoes out of shell cordovan, on the theory that it is more durable, requires less polish, and is otherwise less vulnerable to scuffing. Haven't tried a controlled test yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it.

5. kabert

kabert Senior member