• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

grasp

Reaction score
just received my desert mali beeswax. should i apply a layer of mink oil before wear? or should i wait for a week or two? any tips on taking care of beeswax leather?

Last edited:

scoobydrew

Reaction score
just received my desert mali beeswax. should i apply a layer of mink oil before wear? or should i wait for a week or two? any tips on taking care of beeswax leather?
No need to apply anything. The leather is pre-treated. Apply Obenauf's or oil when the leather looks dried and "tired".

Blamm

Reaction score
Like Grasp - just got my beeswax boots too... Amazon sale... and love 'em! already one of the most comfortable shoes I own after just a few hours wear... probably should have gone down 1/2 size - but not a big enough issue to exchange. May exchange the laces... I'm also debating the shoe care routine - but am leaving alone for now. Hoping to get some good mileage out of these boots

RioNomad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What belt in the $50ish price range would match, or come fairly close, some beeswax DBs?

I have the natural 14oz. belt by Corter and like it, but need something similar in colors to my DBs.

Thanks.

milw50717

Reaction score

Hey guys,

What belt in the $50ish price range would match, or come fairly close, some beeswax DBs? 

I have the natural 14oz. belt by Corter and like it, but need something similar in colors to my DBs. 

Thanks.

How about a Filson belt - http://www.filson.com/mens/belts-and-suspenders/-1011/ ?

63202-main-200.jpg

milw50717

Reaction score

That looks decent.  How is it quality wise compared to Corter?

Any other suggestions?

Not familiar with Corter, but Filson quality is very good indeed. They use good quality materials and their goods are very hardy. These are not wear for a single season fashion items, they will last a good few years with minimal care.

scoobydrew

Reaction score

Here's a comparison pic that I took after applying one coat of Obenauf's LP (the one in the tub) a couple of weeks ago. The shoe on the right was purchased in May and worn pretty much every weekday. You can see that the leather looks "tired" and dried out. The shoe on the left is after applying a single coat of Obenauf's.

I'll probably pick up another pair after the soles completely wear down.

edwwally

Reaction score
Hello,

I am from the netherlands and i want to order the clarks beeswax at amazon.com. Because we cant buy them here in stores or online shops.
But i dont know wich size i have to buy, i have read that you have to go 0,5 1 size down.

What do you think?

Vans: 10,5
Allstars low black: 10
Asics running shoes: 10,5
Joma: 10,5
PME legend boots: 10,5

Thank you:)

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a size 9 in most runners such as Adidas and Nike. I went one full size down and it was a perfect fit. Some went .5 down. Best thing to do is buy both of the sizes and return the one that doesn't fit,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads