• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Find another shoe repair place. I think a guy on here got his resoled for 50. I would just buy another pair being that you can find them for 60-70 online when on sale.

Personally, I think they are worth the 60 brand new, but def not 100. The sole wears out too fast on these.

Where are you finding them for that much? I can't find a pair anywhere under $95-100.

Dj01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Find another shoe repair place. I think a guy on here got his resoled for 50. I would just buy another pair being that you can find them for 60-70 online when on sale.

Personally, I think they are worth the 60 brand new, but def not 100. The sole wears out too fast on these.

That's what i was thinking, thought they looked really nice with a Vibram sole, but I think I'd rather put that money towards a new shoe with a Vibram sole already on it, like the oak street ones.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Where are you finding them for that much? I can't find a pair anywhere under $95-100.

BR usually will have some type of sale going on. I got mine at RackRoomShoes for 65.

Stalky

Reaction score
Anyone know an Australian supplier or somewhere that will ship these to Aus that isn't too expensive? I want a pair of the leather beeswax ones.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some
spam[1].gif

I've got a pair of Taupe DBs in a size 10 I'm going to throw up for sale soon. They've been worn for a few months and are well broken in, but still lots of miles left to go. Feel free to hit me with a PM if you're interested (I can send some pics and you can make an offer) before I list it in B&S. If you buy before I post them, you'll get a tube of sno-seal (I used some on these and they turned a nice distressed-brown colour).

filcol

Reaction score
I want to get my first pair of desert boots but I'm not sure about the color :/

"Smokey Brown Suede", "Brown Suede" or "Cola" ?
I will wear them with jeans only.

jelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newtt
is 80 a good price for beeswax DB's? I'm looking for deals but 20% off $100 is all I'm seeing

where u see them from? the best i saw is 10% off from $100usd

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Only gripe is the arch support hurts my feet after a few hours in them. I tried some Dr. Schols Hi Arch inserts and it didn't help but made the shoe feel uncomfortable. There super comfy stock, but after a few hours my arches hurt.

Is there any insole that adds arch support but is super thin and won't add bulk or change the feeling of the fit of the shoe?]

Try the arch support insoles by Tacco. You can buy them here

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have a cobbler add some rubber (topys) to the bottom? Is it even possible with crepe soles? Would make them last longer and less slippery on wet ground.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads