• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Max-T you threw me off when you said you were looking to get them 40-50% off. 60 to 70 bucks is not 40 to 50% off. The shoes retail for 95. Only place in this thread someone got the shoes that cheap was from their outlet I believe.
i actually went to the clarks outlet last week and the entire place was 60% off except for the desert boots which they only had in 2 colors and still at $95

MrNovember2nd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
yet another coupon for clarks...

capture10122010111726pm.jpg

Offer expires November 10, 2010

Anyone know if this is still active? Now that it's cold I'm thinking of taking it down to the local Clarks mall with a Clarks store.

FYI for those looking for DB deals - occasionally Clarks stores (if you have any stores near you in malls) have 20 or 30 percent off sales. I nearly got DBs during one two months back but was too tired to drive down and pull the trigger. Bah.

ennui

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Clark's Beeswax DBs at the local Nordstrom Rack for $60 + tax. Not an outstanding deal, but good enough to buy. There was only one pair of DBs in the entire store from what I could tell, though, so YMMV.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by galeron
Just like to re-confirm: I've read elsewhere what Chucks are a good estimate for the size of the DB... Does this still apply? How about the width of the foot?

Failing that, is there somewhere I can plug in the dimensions of the foot and have it spit out the recommended size?

That seems like a good guage. If you have your feet measured on a brannock device, just go half size down from that (ie. if you measure 10, buy db's in US 9.5).

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by galeron
Just like to re-confirm: I've read elsewhere what Chucks are a good estimate for the size of the DB... Does this still apply? How about the width of the foot?

Failing that, is there somewhere I can plug in the dimensions of the foot and have it spit out the recommended size?

For what it's worth I wear a size 10 in regular Chucks (not Purcells or JV) and have a little room in the toe box maybe half an inch to the front of the shoe. I sized down a full size to a 9 on dbs and they were tight. They seemed to have stretched a little bit or maybe just broken in as the length is okay now (snug) after a few wears but it is a little uncomfortable still on the top of my foot. Hopefully this gets better.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocks
Got the Bushacres in Beeswax from DSW for $47 shipped after stacking 3 coupons \\o/

FML paid 65 at famous footwear including shipping. Were there lots of sizes when you ordered tho?

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
If I wear a 10.5 in Wallabees, what size would I take in desert boots? 11?

I think Wallabees and Desert Boots run the same. I've got Wallys in 11.5 and Desert Boots in 11.5 and they fit fine. I'm normally a 12 BTW.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
FML paid 65 at famous footwear including shipping. Were there lots of sizes when you ordered tho?

I hate this phrase...but at least people like you are going to drive it into over use and then straight into obscurity.

You paid $18 more than someone else for a pair of shoes...oh noes!

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beeswax evo. had them maybe a year and a half. never treated with anything; been through rain, snow, sun, and most recently had gasoline spilled all over them. i just let them air out since i didn't know what to do.
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those are awesome. Gasoline seems to have helped lol.

ennui you got the beeswax for $60. Damn if anyone can find beeswax original desert boots for that cheap send me a PM and maybe you can proxy it to Canada. I talked to nordstrom rep before and said people are finding beeswax for a good price in your stores but you dont have it online? She said they dont offer that color online and she cant see any of the stores carrying that color as well. Weird.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks for the pics. Those look fantastic. At least it wasn't kerosene/lighter fluid? Be careful around pot smokers. If they laugh while hitting a pipe, the cherry has been known to fly out.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I hate this phrase...but at least people like you are going to drive it into over use and then straight into obscurity.

You paid $18 more than someone else for a pair of shoes...oh noes!

Chill. It's just a phrase that people use, if you don't like it, ignore it, there's no need to get your knickers in a knot. Besides, you are taking the phrase too literally, I doubt people actually laugh out loud when they type lol. or their face looking like so
ffffuuuu.gif
You might be baller and $18 is nothing to you, I prefer to not overpay on purchases.

galeron

Reaction score
Some advice needed here...

Just tried out some DBs in the flesh today, sz 9 was just nice for the length, but a little tight, whereas the sz 10 was a little too loose for the length, but comfort-wise for the width was ideal.

Will the sz 9 stretch over time to fit better, or should I just run with the sz 10s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads