Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Tangerz

Tangerz Active Member

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Anyone else agree with this?

Also, what are these boots like to wear in the summer? Do your feet breathe or do they sweat like you're in a sauna?

No, beeswax look a lot better IMO.

3. clarity

clarity Senior member

Anyone else agree with this?

Also, what are these boots like to wear in the summer? Do your feet breathe or do they sweat like you're in a sauna?

They are fine in the summer for getting place to place. If you do a lot of outdoor activity you obviously would want to wear something else.

4. harryhandlebars

harryhandlebars Member

IME they fit about a half size big. I effing love them though.

My words exactly.

5. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Definitely Taupe, I have both Beeswax and Taupe and the beeswax ones look horrible after wearing them a good deal over the summer. The Taupe ones have such a great color in my opinion.

I disagree and think the Beeswax look amazing especially worn in.. they're my favorite pair of shoes so far.

6. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

If any of you guys are interested, I just noticed that the tan suede Merona desert boot was marked down to $9.99 at the local Target. I was going to snag a pair but they didn't have my size. They're still $40 bucks online.

7. bure

bure Senior member

I have a pair of beeswax desert boots and when it rains, the toe gets soaked easily... is there anything I can do to prevent this that won't make the color darken? Thanks

8. sploosh

sploosh Senior member

9. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

....Zappos raised prices from $89 to $95 for the brown and black suede.

10. To Sir with Love

To Sir with Love Well-Known Member

is it possible to rock the DB with shorts?

I just happened to be reading the latest GQ magazine (it was an accident, really) and their "Style Guy" Glenn O'Brien received a similar question: "With summer around the corner, can you tell me what kind of shoes work best with shorts? Do I have to put my desert boots in hibernation?"

His response (for what its worth): "There is a certain charm in desert boots with shorts. In fact, hiking boots also give one an air of alpine joie de vivre. You may also wear loafers with no socks, white bucks, or sandals, but please save the flip-flops for the shower room."

11. To Sir with Love

To Sir with Love Well-Known Member

I had to go to two different Target stores to find my size (9.5), but I got a pair of the Merona desert boots on clearance for $10 today. I figured it was worth the $ just to try out the style and help me figure out which color desert boot I like best (I was leaning toward the Desert Taupe in the Clarks). These Meronas probably won't last very long, but if I like them enough I'll get a pair of the real deal down the road.

12. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Yeah, I think any product will darken them, but maybe there's one that will let them more easily return to a light color? Mine are beginning to look random colored...

I wonder if mr. burns has an update on what his shoes look like now... he put on clear Chelsea Leather Food which sounds like a good one and lets the leather breathe. I'll pm him. I have mink oil, but I think it will darken them too much...

a couple days later after the leather food has soaked in.
    left and right are creasing differently but oh well.

[​IMG]

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

I had to go to two different Target stores to find my size (9.5), but I got a pair of the Merona desert boots on clearance for $10 today. I figured it was worth the $ just to try out the style and help me figure out which color desert boot I like best (I was leaning toward the Desert Taupe in the Clarks). These Meronas probably won't last very long, but if I like them enough I'll get a pair of the real deal down the road.

I've worn mine frequently (at least 2-3 days a week) since picking them up a couple of months ago, and they've held up fine. They're even getting better looking with wear--seem to darken up through wear.

14. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

these are my pair in distressed grey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Yeah, I think any product will darken them, but maybe there's one that will let them more easily return to a light color? Mine are beginning to look random colored...

I wonder if mr. burns has an update on what his shoes look like now... he put on clear Chelsea Leather Food which sounds like a good one and lets the leather breathe. I'll pm him. I have mink oil, but I think it will darken them too much...

were those boots you posted the regular leather?

they look like bees wax.