• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigars - what's in your humidor?

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
That's quite a collection. How long would that lot of cigars last you? I have a question for cigar aficionados: 1. Is it easy to find someone who would enjoy sitting down for a cigar these days?
Several people have weighed in on this, but depending on where you are, there's probably at least one tobacco shop that accommodates people hanging out. I've taken to stopping by one or two at lunch every so often. BTW, I'm loving the CAO Cameroon cigars. they're doing a 100% Cameroon cigar (wrapper and filler) that's medium to strong. Berry Niiice.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cao cameroons are awesome. Coolidors are so much fun to set up. While they are not the most stylish thing, they provide the best bang for your buck capacity. I found that they regulate temperature and humidity a lot better than a desktop humidor.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently in the humi:
the cubans...
Monte 2, Monte 4, Monte A, Bolivar RC, Bolivar BF, Punch Punch, RASS, Cohiba Siglo IV/VI, Cohiba Robusto, Partagas SD4/SD2, Patrtagas 898 Varnished, HdM Epicure 2, HdeM Regalos EL 2k7, Cohiba Lanceros, and a couple other random singles...
and for non cubans
Padron 1926 80th anniversary, Padron 1964 40th anniversary, Ashton VSG perfecto, Ashton ESG, Olivia series V, Coranado by La Flor, tatajaue brown label, 601 blue label, winston churchill by davidoff, davidoff 100 anniversary, avo 80th anniversary, camacho diplomat, camacho 3x maduro, some random FF Opus Xs from god knows when, some RP decades, RP sungrown, RP Olde world reserve, Aurora preferidos: saphire, emerlald, and ruby... and some random other sticks.

elyrly

Reaction score
Arturo Fuente, Macanudo, La Gloria Cubana, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Bauza, Avo, CAO

alquiva

Reaction score
The taste and burn of the cigar depends on the conditions it was stored in. A humidor is designed to keep cigars fresh enough to be a great smoke. I suggest you in case you don t have one, buy one as I did it.

I keep My Montecristo solocigars to avoid them to dry out, in my humidor, I recommend you to keep yours too in the same way and dont forget that a cigar that has dried out, is not as good as a fresh one
rimshot.gif

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee lin
can i store cigars in an air conditioned wine cellar or is that the opposite purpose of a humidor? also what brands are good value for starters? i'll probablly just have a look at what an uncle who loves cigars has and ask to have a try. so what brands should i look out for?

No, air conditioning will pull all the humidity out of your sticks...for an inexpensive alternative to a desktop humi, look up coolidors. Basically a rubbermaid beer cooler converted for cigar storage.

For basic beginner's brands, are you inside the US or outside? If you've got access to Cubans, Jose L Piedras are good for newbies, they're cheap and tasty golf cigars...Fonsecas are a step up, decent quality, mild to medium bodied, relatively inexpensive.

Aficionado- that's a very nice selection, what's the deal with the gold-label Joya de Nicaragua? I haven't seen them before.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
No, air conditioning will pull all the humidity out of your sticks...for an inexpensive alternative to a desktop humi, look up coolidors. Basically a rubbermaid beer cooler converted for cigar storage.

For basic beginner's brands, are you inside the US or outside? If you've got access to Cubans, Jose L Piedras are good for newbies, they're cheap and tasty golf cigars...Fonsecas are a step up, decent quality, mild to medium bodied, relatively inexpensive.

Aficionado- that's a very nice selection, what's the deal with the gold-label Joya de Nicaragua? I haven't seen them before.

How about some good non-Cubans for in the States guys? Anything you'd recommend under $10/stick.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How about some good non-Cubans for in the States guys? Anything you'd recommend under $10/stick.
Depends on your palate, but there's a lot under $10/stick. CAO Camaroon robustos Camacho SLR Perfecto #2 La Flor Dominicana Ligero chisel tips Padron 2000 Natural Hoya de Monterrey Double Maduro Rothschild Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 These are a few of the smokes I've had in the past months that are worthy of a try and well under $10

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

second on the padron 2000s and rocky patel 1990. these are my go to smokes.

also from CAO, try the brazilias and italias. these are great.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Under $10 a stick leaves alot of great options available.

Padron Maduro- A great value, with a trademark rich cocoa and coffee taste. With age, they can be as good as the more expensive and hard to find 1964 line.

Don Pepin Garcia- Average about $7, a spicy, medium-full bodied corojo, very Cubanesque blend. The Blue Label line is outstanding and highly recommended (they're rolled in a small shop in Miami) and the Black Labels are pretty tasty in the smaller Petit Lancero vitola.

Camacho Corojo- Another spicy Cubanesque blend, a little less refined than the Don Pepin, with a bit more strength. A great cigar to put away to age, I've got a box of Lonsdale size Camachos from '04 that I sampled the other day, they're coming along very nicely.

Arturo Fuente Hemmingway- Best Cameroon wrapped cigar out there, in my opinion. Mild-Medium, a clean, straight-up tobacco flavor with a subtle balance of sweet, spice and cedar. The Fuente Don Carlos line is a very similar blend, in parejo (straight-sided) vitolas.

La Flor Dominicana-Litto Gomez's line is great overall, anything with this name on it should be pretty good. The LFD Double Ligero Chiselito Maduro is quite possibly the strongest cigar I've smoked, definitely not for beginners, but if you've gotten used to the stronger selections, this one is definitely worth a try. Very spicy, a little sweet, and a major nicotine kick. Once in a while I'll have one of these guys with an espresso for breakfast on an empty stomach.
devil.gif

Rocky Patel Edge Maduro- I like the "Missile" size in this line, a small belicoso. A relatively complex maduro, with chocolate and coffee notes, and a subtle hint of black cherry. The new Rocky Patel Decade line is a bit pricier, but worth a try, especially in the Lonsdale size. A bit more refined than the Edge, these are very reminiscent of the Padron Anniversary line, but a little spicier in the first quarter. They become more mellow towards the back end.

Some of the "Cuban named" domestics are decent values for the money...not as interesting as some of the smaller Boutique brands but deserve mentioning. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, Partagas, and especially La Gloria Cubana are pretty decent "go-to" smokes, easy to find and worth a try.

Also, look for Tatuaje. They might be a little over $10, but when you're lucky enough to run across them (not alot of stores get them in), grab a couple sticks. You'll be glad you did.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aficionado
Thanks
smile.gif
. Nothing special with the JdN. That is actually the cheapest serie of JdN.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/1087736...gua_Cigars.jpg

Interesting graphic, I was unaware JdN was distributed outside of the United States. I haven't seen that line before, maybe it's just made for the international market.

The red-label JdNs I've smoked were quite potent.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
I smoke very infrequently, but I have the following cigars:

Cohiba Double Coronas (2003 Limited Edition)
Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas
Montecristo "A"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads