• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's cordovan brogues

Wrighty

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to to identify the model of these Church's shoes. I purchased them from a guy who was selling his collection - they look to be fairly old and are shell cordovan, but are in great condition.

I have looked online but have not been able to find a Church's model like this, which is a full wingtip gunboat.

Codes handwritten inside the shoe are : 80E (Size 8E) 73 (last?) and then underneath 90.7

There is also 100 handwritten on the sole of the shoe.

Does anybody know anything about these shoes?

Thanks

beagleboy

Reaction score
Hi Wrighty
I have a pair of these wing tips.
They are called "Compton" and are made on last 84.
Other hand written details on my pair are "md518.0043/125" & "7906190".
These are superb shoes.
I always suspected that they were shell as the uppers behave and glow just like my original Florsheim Royals.
I could never find any confirmation of the material and you are the only other owner I have come across.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Beagleboy

beagleboy

Reaction score
Church's have a store in New York which I have been to.
I am certain that major stores will carry some of their shoes.
Lots of shoes for sale in USA on eBay.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Looks like there will be a Church's in Chicago too. They have a Coming Soon sign on a storefront in the Gold Coast. Sign does not indicate when it will open.

Wrighty

Reaction score
Hi Beagleboy

That's very interesting...mine don't have those ref numbers or any mention of genuine cordovan (as some shoes do) but they are certainly shell.

They are quite old I think, and somebody else pointed out that they may have been made for Churchs by a US maker for the US market - certainly I have not seen any UK made Churchs in a full wingtip style elsewhere.

Are yours identical, with the black piping?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads