1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Church's cordovan brogues

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Wrighty, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Member

Hi all

I am trying to to identify the model of these Church's shoes. I purchased them from a guy who was selling his collection - they look to be fairly old and are shell cordovan, but are in great condition.

I have looked online but have not been able to find a Church's model like this, which is a full wingtip gunboat.

Codes handwritten inside the shoe are : 80E (Size 8E) 73 (last?) and then underneath 90.7

There is also 100 handwritten on the sole of the shoe.

Does anybody know anything about these shoes?

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. beagleboy

beagleboy New Member

Hi Wrighty
    I have a pair of these wing tips.
    They are called "Compton" and are made on last 84.
    Other hand written details on my pair are "md518.0043/125" & "7906190".
    These are superb shoes.
    I always suspected that they were shell as the uppers behave and glow just like my original Florsheim Royals.
    I could never find any confirmation of the material and you are the only other owner I have come across.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Beagleboy

3. Upward

Upward Senior member

Do they sell Church's shoes in the USA?

4. beagleboy

beagleboy New Member

Church's have a store in New York which I have been to.
    I am certain that major stores will carry some of their shoes.
    Lots of shoes for sale in USA on eBay.

5. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

Looks like there will be a Church's in Chicago too. They have a Coming Soon sign on a storefront in the Gold Coast. Sign does not indicate when it will open.

6. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior member

The Church's in Chicago opened this week

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Member

Hi Beagleboy

That's very interesting...mine don't have those ref numbers or any mention of genuine cordovan (as some shoes do) but they are certainly shell.

They are quite old I think, and somebody else pointed out that they may have been made for Churchs by a US maker for the US market - certainly I have not seen any UK made Churchs in a full wingtip style elsewhere.

Are yours identical, with the black piping?