• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Appreciation Thread

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last evening was the first cool one for some time, allowing me to do what (some) Englishmen have done for generations - change into a pair of fine slippers when I got home :)

Hercules Auto RC1 (2).jpg

Old Church's Hercules

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for the shoes and also +1 for the socks. Where are they from?

I can’t remember what maker these are from. Got them a few years ago from NM.

Christian GV.

Reaction score
Sharing a newly taken pic of the Northwood, a nice split-toe derby which I acquired second hand last year. Made in 2013 or 2014. I was lucky they actually came to be my best fitting shoe compared to my other pairs from Magnanni, Loake 1880 and Yanko. Leather seemed to shine well with Saphir. Now considering getting a recraft for new soles and to fix some stitching though :)

What do you think of the Northwood? Is the Church's official recraft service any good?

churchnorthwoods.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sharing a newly taken pic of the Northwood, a nice split-toe derby which I acquired second hand last year. Made in 2013 or 2014. I was lucky they actually came to be my best fitting shoe compared to my other pairs from Magnanni, Loake 1880 and Yanko. Shined well with Saphir. Now considering getting a recraft for new soles and to fix some stitching though :)

What do you think of the Northwood? Is the Church's official recraft service any good?

View attachment 1048596
Lovely!

Church's refurbishment service has done me very well, except on one occasion, which I have previously reported here or elsewhere. In short, Church's 'damaged' my Diplomats while giving them their second refurb. After some toing and froing the shop that sent them to Church's managed to secure a new pair for the cost of the refurbishment (then about £80).

My last pair to be refurbished were the Lingfield:
Church's refurb_.jpg

Church's refurb (4).jpg

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely!

Church's refurbishment service has done me very well, except on one occasion, which I have previously reported here or elsewhere. In short, Church's 'damaged' my Diplomats while giving them their second refurb. After some toing and froing the shop that sent them to Church's managed to secure a new pair for the cost of the refurbishment (then about £80).

My last pair to be refurbished were the Lingfield:
View attachment 1048599

View attachment 1048600
They even gave you the refurbished stamp. That’s a nice touch. :)

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
Sharing a newly taken pic of the Northwood, a nice split-toe derby which I acquired second hand last year. Made in 2013 or 2014. I was lucky they actually came to be my best fitting shoe compared to my other pairs from Magnanni, Loake 1880 and Yanko. Shined well with Saphir. Now considering getting a recraft for new soles and to fix some stitching though :)

View attachment 1048596
The best Saphir shinning accomplished! very nice ones

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads