• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Choosing eveyday shoes, need help.

Luke555

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I am in LA and need shoes for every day, but kind of don't know what to go for. I am on the budget now, but i dont want to buy cheap stuff for $25 mainly not because of quality, but because all this shoes made out of some plastic and act like scates on any flat surface i hate that.



I was to "shoe warehouse" and found pair that i relatively like, but they slightly more shiny comparing to regular black leather. I am not sure whatever they can be used as casual shoes to wear with jeans they stand out very much. I dont mean they are glossy but still kind of shine what you think?

Also one thing about them they made for "work" it saying on box its "for use by professionals" will this mean that if i walk too much (like i do every day) they will worn out faster?

Another question with size i like 9 1/2 but its kind of tight in the back, but with size 10 its too much space from the toes to the front of the shoe, like an inch or more. Dunno whatever is worse...

Anyhow someone know where to shop for shoes around 50-100 tops in LA except warehouse shoe sale
 

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
4,315
Reaction score
69
cool shoes bro. like the square toe. i think you will be quite fashionable with these shoes.
 

hobojones

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
76
Originally Posted by Luke555

Also one thing about them they made for "work" it saying on box its "for use by professionals" will this mean that if i walk too much (like i do every day) they will worn out faster?


I lol'd at this part, I don't know why. Any way guy, they are great shoes man, I applaud you sir.
 

wj4

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
4,621
Reaction score
1,056
Originally Posted by Luke555
I am in LA and need shoes for every day, but kind of don't know what to go for. I am on the budget now, but i dont want to buy cheap stuff for $25 mainly not because of quality, but because all this shoes made out of some plastic and act like scates on any flat surface i hate that.



I was to "shoe warehouse" and found pair that i relatively like, but they slightly more shiny comparing to regular black leather. I am not sure whatever they can be used as casual shoes to wear with jeans they stand out very much. I dont mean they are glossy but still kind of shine what you think?

Also one thing about them they made for "work" it saying on box its "for use by professionals" will this mean that if i walk too much (like i do every day) they will worn out faster?

Another question with size i like 9 1/2 but its kind of tight in the back, but with size 10 its too much space from the toes to the front of the shoe, like an inch or more. Dunno whatever is worse...

Anyhow someone know where to shop for shoes around 50-100 tops in LA except warehouse shoe sale

50-100 still won't get you a quality pair of casual/dress shoes.

To stay until a 100, try Clarks or perhaps go to a Macy's and use a coupon (since there's always some sort of sale going on).

Please stay away from square toes.
 

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
1,759
Reaction score
20
I would try to find some Allen Edmonds or Johnston and Murphy shoes on ebay. They can be had for under $100, and will be much better than those Kenneth Coles you found.
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,520
Reaction score
12,044
Luke, those shoes are absolutely horrendous. They are an evil form of shoes. There is nothing good about them, nothing at all.
 

Luke555

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Luke, those shoes are absolutely horrendous. They are an evil form of shoes. There is nothing good about them, nothing at all.

Its not exactly this ones, i just say they look somewhat same. Can you show me what i should get then link an image pls.
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,520
Reaction score
12,044
Originally Posted by Luke555
Its not exactly this ones, i just say they look somewhat same. Can you show me what i should get then link an image pls.

You're not going to buy brand new shoes of any quality for $100. You can buy used, which is fine, just hit the insoles with some lysol. Your best bet is to save your pennies and buy a pair of Allen Edmonds MacNeils, you can get them on sale a few times a year for <$300.



Buy them in Burgundy. They have a leather sole, and it sounds like you want a rubber sole with all the walking you do, so you'll have to pay a local cobbler $30 to have them topied. This will extend the life of your soles.

You also need a second pair of shoes, because you shouldn't wear the same pair two days in a row. Get a pair of black Leeds, also from AE. The black is slightly more formal than the MacNeils, but that formality is minimized by the blucher cut. You could easily wear these with a suit. Consider getting these and keeping the leather soles, and then wear the MacNeils on wet weather days.



The big benefit of these shoes is that they are repairable, which means they can last a good long time if you care for them. Buying "cheap" shoes is a mistake, and aren't cost effective in the long run. You'll regret it and nobody will ever love or respect you if you wear crappy shoes.
 

Luke555

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I agree no one respect you if you wear crap shoes or any other peace of garment, and thats why i dont want to buy cheap stuff anymore, although most part it looks same as branded except it slippery soles (btw wj4 i tried Clarks and their soles mostly slippery). You might not share my taste but i got this shoes i've seen yesterday after running to 4 big stores i back and got those.
This is not like every day wear i guess since leather might go bad? I thinking about buying something like what harvey_birdman show'n too soon, but there is problem the first one i actually seen something like this and thought it looks bit to artistic with all this holes and requires some specific style to wear with them? The just plain black although i actually think shoes made out of just once peace of leather are better and dont look that cheap as ones kneed with many small peaces, but i've seen this too today and thought they look too plain without any stitches crossing them.
 

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
586
Kenneth Cole makes some of the most hideous shoes I've ever seen in my life. Even Stacy Adam's zoot suit asthetic has a better approach to designing shoes.
 

Brosef

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
While can see where you're coming from when you say that no one respects you if you don't have nice shoes (although your choice is quite horrible), I believe your main priority should be to go back to school and take a few English classes if you want to be respected.
 

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
5,490
Reaction score
2,881
Cheap shoes look cheap even when new, and even worse when broken in.

Go to your local nordstroms, find a pair of Allen Edmonds, and compare the quality to your keneth cole pieces of shit and you'll understand what people here are saying.

Shoes are nothing to cheap out on. I wear a wardrobe of Uniqlo and H&amp;M and I still invest in nice shoes.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,595
Messages
9,452,459
Members
198,128
Latest member
scjjokj
Top