• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing eveyday shoes, need help.

Luke555

Reaction score
I am in LA and need shoes for every day, but kind of don't know what to go for. I am on the budget now, but i dont want to buy cheap stuff for $25 mainly not because of quality, but because all this shoes made out of some plastic and act like scates on any flat surface i hate that.

black-dress-shoes.jpg

I was to "shoe warehouse" and found pair that i relatively like, but they slightly more shiny comparing to regular black leather. I am not sure whatever they can be used as casual shoes to wear with jeans they stand out very much. I dont mean they are glossy but still kind of shine what you think?

Also one thing about them they made for "work" it saying on box its "for use by professionals" will this mean that if i walk too much (like i do every day) they will worn out faster?

Another question with size i like 9 1/2 but its kind of tight in the back, but with size 10 its too much space from the toes to the front of the shoe, like an inch or more. Dunno whatever is worse...

Anyhow someone know where to shop for shoes around 50-100 tops in LA except warehouse shoe sale

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool shoes bro. like the square toe. i think you will be quite fashionable with these shoes.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luke555

Also one thing about them they made for "work" it saying on box its "for use by professionals" will this mean that if i walk too much (like i do every day) they will worn out faster?

I lol'd at this part, I don't know why. Any way guy, they are great shoes man, I applaud you sir.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in LA and need shoes for every day, but kind of don't know what to go for. I am on the budget now, but i dont want to buy cheap stuff for $25 mainly not because of quality, but because all this shoes made out of some plastic and act like scates on any flat surface i hate that.

black-dress-shoes.jpg

I was to "shoe warehouse" and found pair that i relatively like, but they slightly more shiny comparing to regular black leather. I am not sure whatever they can be used as casual shoes to wear with jeans they stand out very much. I dont mean they are glossy but still kind of shine what you think?

Another question with size i like 9 1/2 but its kind of tight in the back, but with size 10 its too much space from the toes to the front of the shoe, like an inch or more. Dunno whatever is worse...

Anyhow someone know where to shop for shoes around 50-100 tops in LA except warehouse shoe sale

50-100 still won't get you a quality pair of casual/dress shoes.

To stay until a 100, try Clarks or perhaps go to a Macy's and use a coupon (since there's always some sort of sale going on).

Please stay away from square toes.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would try to find some Allen Edmonds or Johnston and Murphy shoes on ebay. They can be had for under $100, and will be much better than those Kenneth Coles you found.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Luke, those shoes are absolutely horrendous. They are an evil form of shoes. There is nothing good about them, nothing at all.

Luke555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Luke, those shoes are absolutely horrendous. They are an evil form of shoes. There is nothing good about them, nothing at all.

Its not exactly this ones, i just say they look somewhat same. Can you show me what i should get then link an image pls.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its not exactly this ones, i just say they look somewhat same. Can you show me what i should get then link an image pls.

You're not going to buy brand new shoes of any quality for $100. You can buy used, which is fine, just hit the insoles with some lysol. Your best bet is to save your pennies and buy a pair of Allen Edmonds MacNeils, you can get them on sale a few times a year for <$300.

9097.jpg

Buy them in Burgundy. They have a leather sole, and it sounds like you want a rubber sole with all the walking you do, so you'll have to pay a local cobbler $30 to have them topied. This will extend the life of your soles.

You also need a second pair of shoes, because you shouldn't wear the same pair two days in a row. Get a pair of black Leeds, also from AE. The black is slightly more formal than the MacNeils, but that formality is minimized by the blucher cut. You could easily wear these with a suit. Consider getting these and keeping the leather soles, and then wear the MacNeils on wet weather days.

9501.jpg

The big benefit of these shoes is that they are repairable, which means they can last a good long time if you care for them. Buying "cheap" shoes is a mistake, and aren't cost effective in the long run. You'll regret it and nobody will ever love or respect you if you wear crappy shoes.

Luke555

Reaction score
I agree no one respect you if you wear crap shoes or any other peace of garment, and thats why i dont want to buy cheap stuff anymore, although most part it looks same as branded except it slippery soles (btw wj4 i tried Clarks and their soles mostly slippery). You might not share my taste but i got this shoes i've seen yesterday after running to 4 big stores i back and got those.
41LC-05aMNL._AA300_.jpg
41B8GZYdLGL._AA300_.jpg
41V47vbe0sL._AA300_.jpg
This is not like every day wear i guess since leather might go bad? I thinking about buying something like what harvey_birdman show'n too soon, but there is problem the first one i actually seen something like this and thought it looks bit to artistic with all this holes and requires some specific style to wear with them? The just plain black although i actually think shoes made out of just once peace of leather are better and dont look that cheap as ones kneed with many small peaces, but i've seen this too today and thought they look too plain without any stitches crossing them.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole makes some of the most hideous shoes I've ever seen in my life. Even Stacy Adam's zoot suit asthetic has a better approach to designing shoes.

Brosef

Reaction score
While can see where you're coming from when you say that no one respects you if you don't have nice shoes (although your choice is quite horrible), I believe your main priority should be to go back to school and take a few English classes if you want to be respected.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap shoes look cheap even when new, and even worse when broken in.

Go to your local nordstroms, find a pair of Allen Edmonds, and compare the quality to your keneth cole pieces of **** and you'll understand what people here are saying.

Shoes are nothing to cheap out on. I wear a wardrobe of Uniqlo and H&amp;M and I still invest in nice shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads