• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago SFers GTFIH and give me some awesome romantic Valentines Day ideas

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent a lot of 2013 studying in my free time, for the CFA L1 and the GMAT. My girlfriend stuck with me through it all. We haven't taken a vacation since summer of 2012 which is wayyyyyyy too long. I want to make up for it by setting up the best valentines day weekend vacation ever to Chicago. Okay maybe not the best ever but at least pretty awesome.

In 2012 we stayed at the Palmer House but really loved Coq D'or at the Drake. During the day we bought new clothes and dressed up all fancy to go to the Signature Room at the Hancock and followed it up with listening to a lounge singer and getting drunk off fancy drinks at Coq D'or and watching this table of really drunk older couples make an ass of themselves haha. Probably one of the best nights I've had with her.

So I was thinking about getting a room at the Drake and maybe getting private car service to the Signature Room or some other romantic hotel, maybe even renting the car service for the day to make it extra special. That's all I've really been able to think of so far, though.

I was wondering if Chicagoans could hook me up with some really awesome ideas on some romantic stuff we could do on a weekend trip there. I'm looking for all kinds of ideas, not just like restaurants. I really just want to organize something that will make her feel special. I'm 26, she's 27.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads