• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheapest place to get a pair of sambas

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking all over for a cheapo pair of sambas as my summer sneakers

so far, in my area, 60 CDN was the cheapest, and they didnt have my size

zappos has them for 55 US, and there are sellers who have 49.99 CDN starting bids, but obviously dont include shipping

are there any on sale online? Anyone selling a pair of 9s? ( i dont care if used :p)

i am absolutely fiending for a pair but i cant see myself spending upwards of 60, 70 bucks on a simple leather shoe

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I see them occasionally on discount... I'll keep my eye out. Picked up a brand new bright red pair for $12 a couple weeks back.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have a pair of Navy sambas in a 9.5 that I'd sell if yer interested. Worn very very minimally. Navy blue with white stripes. Would want $25 includes shipping.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I walked around NYC last November, just about every discount sneaker store had them for $35-40, including Filene's Basement.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the need for a pair of size 11. PM me if you can help me.

It's ridiculous that they are priced at $80-90 in Canada.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just bought a "new in box" pair on ebay for $21.50 + $10 shipping.
i think that if you're patient, you'll be able to score a pair on ebay.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about sambas?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

They're kind of like Chuck Taylors in that they just have a cult following. I guess they're your ordinary, but classic sneaker.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah this is cliche

but i actually played indoor soccer in sambas, they arent particularily amazing soccer boots but they are still pretty cool and the recent (well maybe not recent) interest in them in a fashion sense peaked my interest in getting a pair again

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

I was thinking the exact same thing.I had a collection of over 100 sneakers before I started smartening up my appearance and not one of them was a Samba.I was also a member of a sneaker discussion forum and Sambas never(or very rarely) ever came into the conversation,yet it seems here everyone owns a pair.I just don't get it.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it's a simple but stylish looking pair of black sneakers. It doesn't look like a pair of gym shoes, and it's pretty light and feels great to walk around with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads