• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Nakhle, Shirtmaker is Coming to Melbourne

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention Melbournians. In case you missed this in the Shirtmakers in Australia thread, I have posted it again for you. Charles Nakhle, the favourite bespoke shirtmaker amongst Sydney forumites is coming next week to Melbourne. He has asked me to let those Melbournians here know that he will be in Melbourne next Wednesday. His prices start at around $210 AUD. Charles is an old countryman and colleague of Alexander Kabbaz with many very similar ideas on shirtmaking. Most of us think he makes a better shirt than other shirtmakers charging twice as much - or more. He always stocks beautiful shirtings which are much nicer than anything I have seen from Brioni for several times the price. Some forumites think that his shirts are nicer than their Borrelli MTM shirts. His margins are very low, so you get a ridiculously good value for money shirt that is hard to beat. If you ring to make an appointment you will be able to go and be measured up on Wednesday, 21st February. He will be staying at the Pacific Hotel, Little Bourke St. Please contact him on 0414 289 645 for an appointment. Charles can also be contacted at his Sydney store on (02) 9633 4696. He will be there till 7PM Wednesday, when he will have to head to the airport. If there is enough demand, he may extend his stay another day. Here is an example of his work: Shirting by Tessitura Monti Spa (S100?). Double seam stitching by machine. Fused collar and cuff (Charles doesn't believe in or like canvassed cuffs - he knows what Alex Kabbaz thinks of this but disagrees): Shoulder: Pattern matching on sleeves: Split yolk: Fused collar (cutaway in this instance) with mother of pearl buttons:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aargh.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to get a shirt made by Charles. If only I hadn't spent every spare cent I've got on luxuries like rent, health insurance and the children's education.

That and I bought so much stuff in Hong Kong that my wife is starting to look at me askance.

Hopefully he will make regular visits, and I can catch up with him when I am flush again.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Charles today as I have some more shirts on order from him and he had only received one telephone inquiry from Melbourne thus far, which is why I posted this. If his trip is successful he will return, so I might suggest telling a couple of people about him to encourage him. I am also sure Charles wouldn't mind if you booked just so he can take down your measurements and so you can browse through his swatches. At least then you get to inspect his work first hand before you consider ordering.

pdizzle

Reaction score
I will second Sator's sentiments.

Charles is a real gentleman with an amazing range of top quality fabrics. I would strongly suggest an inspection of his work.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just visited Charles this afternoon. He had some new fabrics coming in and I saw the samples he had of them. There were some absolutely stunning fabrics amongst them. He said he would be taking swatches of them down to Melbourne even though they wouldn't arrive in until March. And he doesn't mind if you come on Wednesday just to take a peek.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads