• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Changing shape of hair? Curling straight hair?

Bananafish

Reaction score
Alright.
I'm sick of having straight hair. I know that if I could just get my hair a little wavy with some odd licks and curls and whatnot, I could make it look great. But right now I find myself stuck in the same routine of cutting it short(ish) because if I let it grow long, it just looks like a mullet.

Is it possible to change the shape of one's hair over time?

BEEZO

Reaction score
Wow! lets swap then?

I have kinna wavy (but not curly) hair and would love to have straight hair
smile.gif

Bananafish

Reaction score
Sorry for the age old bump, but I never really did find a way of doing it proper last time around, and now I'm thinking about giving it another go.

I've got straight, thick hair, medium length... layered... but kind of ratty and I can't do much with it. If I go the route of hot curling will I have to keep doing it every day? Will my hair ever get the gist?

What's the right way of curling hair?

Note: I'm a guy. I wish I could look like the guy to my left, but alas, he's got natural curls (and talent).

breakdown

Reaction score
I get my thick, straight Asian hair to be wavy with body by letting it air dry with my product in on wet hair after my morning shower in an exaggerated position. Right now I spike the top into a fauxhawk/pointed wave when wet using a bit of American Crew Fiber, then style it with my hands after it dries, pushing it around into a more normal shape. Before I used to let it dry combed backwards, then push it forwards, I like the current technique better because it creates a sideways curl. I get lots of compliments on it and it looks better as the day goes on.

zupermaus

Reaction score
THANKS

Youve just changed my life. Im trying it now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads