1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League '09

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by romafan, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

not roma? [​IMG]

I have faith in Roma doing well just like Fiore did this year,its Milan and Juve who have been disasterous this year.

Juve crashed out from the group stage and lost to Fulham 4-1 away in Europa.As for Milan they lost 7-2 from United.Embarrassing.

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

I have faith in Roma doing well just like Fiore did this year,its Milan and Juve who have been disasterous this year.

Juve crashed out from the group stage and lost to Fulham 4-1 away in Europa.As for Milan they lost 7-2 from United.Embarrassing.

You don't have to tell me [​IMG] Juve's implosion has been truly remarkable....

Feel bad for Bordeaux. Not sure they can pull it back - we'll see. Bayern/ManU! I DVD'd the game and watched last night [​IMG] 'pulsating', as the commentators like to say...

3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

+1 to Olic. He had such a great game.

[​IMG] Gaping miss in first half!

4. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Barcelonas game agains arsenal was unbelievable the first 20 minutes. 70% ball possession in the first half. OMFG, unreal football!
    I am travelling from Amstedam to Barcelona next weekend to see Barca play on sunday in Camp Nou. I am looking forward to that so much.

5. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

AAAAAAAANdddddddddddd 0-2 badabing badabang. It's more or less over for Arsenal.

6. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Arsenal back in the game (sort of) because of Walcotts phenomenal speed.

1-2

7. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

2-2 fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I can't see them winning without Fabregas in Barcelona.

9. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

I can't see them winning without Fabregas in Barcelona.

Me neiter. Zlatan should play the whole game though.

10. StephenHero

Just saw the Puyol red card highlight. I don't know about that. Does he have to sit next match now?

11. attainproxy

attainproxy Member

Damn Theo, what a saviour.

12. fairholme_wannabe

fairholme_wannabe Senior member

Just saw the Puyol red card highlight. I don't know about that. Does he have to sit next match now?

Yes--definitely not deserved (but frankly, Cesc's yellow was rather questionable as well)

13. StephenHero

In real time Fabregas' tackle didn't look so bad, but it appeared worse in slow motion from the other sideline camera angle. Deserved or not, it was probably a dumb move on his part to tackle from that angle knowing he had a yellow in hand.

14. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Gutted about the ManU game, but we were totally outplayed - Ribery looks dangerous (not just his face). You could say that we were lucky to score so early, but that probably made them lose a bit of urgency. I still think they'll take it in the second leg at home though.

15. fairholme_wannabe

fairholme_wannabe Senior member

In real time Fabregas' tackle didn't look so bad, but it appeared worse in slow motion from the other sideline camera angle. Deserved or not, it was probably a dumb move on his part to tackle from that angle knowing he had a yellow in hand.

Agreed. With the injury prognosis (broken leg likely), it doesn't really matter that he accumulated the second yellow. Let's see if Puyol and Pique being out for the second leg will matter at all--though I doubt it.

Arsenal played like deer in the headlights for the first 65 minutes. They absolutely let Barca have spacing, and refused to press at all. Once Theo came in, we actually began to press and attempt to dispossess, and we looked a lot better.

Still, we were totally outclassed. Glad that we are in the best financial position of any of the major clubs, though. Home grown talent plus a balance sheet able to take on players going forward definitely spells good things for the future of the Gunners.

16. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Just watched the game. The first 70 minutes was so fun and so frustrating to watch. Barcelona could have realistically scored 4-5 goals. It seemed like they would never go in....until Ibra finally realized that the ball should go IN the net.

Props to Arsenal for fighting back....99% of other teams would have folded. It makes for an interesting 2nd leg, but I don't see how they overcome a 2 away goal deficiency.

As for the red card....utter bullshit.

17. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Good games last night.Inter had a fantastic 2nd half worthy of 4 goals at least.Too bad it ended 1-0 it might come back to haunt us in the 2nd leg.

Barca should have ended it in the first half as well.Arsenal can win 1-0 or 2-1 at Barca to qualify and despite me wanting Arsenal to qualify (for Inter's sake) i cant see Barca not being able to score three times there.My prediction 5-1 for Barca.

18. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

Ok so Cesc,Arshavin and Gallas are out for Arsenal.This might end up 5-0 and not 5-1.Anyways Arsenal could do Inter a favor and get messi suspended in some way.

19. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

20. Ajaxv2

Ajaxv2 Senior member

Messi

Nuff said. I'm a Chelsea man through and through (add some more throughs because they have been choking in every league for several years now), but Messi just might have me look at Barca more...