1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League '09

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by romafan, Sep 15, 2009.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Nuff said. I'm a Chelsea man through and through (add some more throughs because they have been choking in every league for several years now), but Messi just might have me look at Barca more...

[​IMG]

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Nuff said. I'm a Chelsea man through and through (add some more throughs because they have been choking in every league for several years now), but Messi just might have me look at Barca more...

Just imagine... Barca v Argentina and Messi plays for both teams, result?

3. JATPrototype

JATPrototype Member

4. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Messi

[​IMG]

5. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Senior member

Rooting for Bayern or Lyon to win it all. Hate Barcelona, can't stand United or Inter, and Bordeaux don't have a shot at getting past their Ligue 1 counterparts.

6. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

messi with the hat trick in 20 minutes? Sick. Just sick.

7. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I was one goal off as i predicted 5-1...

I hope Inter can do a better job this time around against Barca.Mou needs to work some magic and maybe see what chelsea did against them last year.

8. TheIdler

TheIdler Senior member

Messi: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

There's nothing else to say.

9. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I hope this Messi performance finally puts to rest the english commentators equaling him to Cronaldo or even worse Rooney..He is on a different planet.

10. cwh812

cwh812 Senior member

Just imagine... Barca v Argentina and Messi plays for both teams, result?

Barca. More experience playing together and have team chemistry. I think the tops teams int he world - Man U, Barca, Chelsea would all be favorites if in world cup b/c of chemistry players have with one another.

11. fairholme_wannabe

fairholme_wannabe Senior member

[​IMG] Wow--once again, completely and utterly outclassed. Not that we stood much of a chance without Fabregas, Arshavin, and Gallas (Silvestre is subtraction by addition, any way you look at it)...Still yet, Barca always impresses the hell out of me. For a team that plays with the ball as much as they do, they do a great job of dispossessing and pressuring when they don't have it; whereas Arsenal looked completely lost without the ball. Congrats on the win Barca fans--you're team is easily the class of the world. Meanwhile, Arsenal must find another centre back and another keeper. Almunia is [​IMG]

12. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Messi is a damned god.

13. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I've been trying to fight the whole 'Messi is God' talk as of late but fuck - dude really is nice with it.

That being said, I'd like to see him play in somewhere like the Premier League, week-in, week-out.

14. fairholme_wannabe

I've been trying to fight the whole 'Messi is God' talk as of late but fuck - dude really is nice with it.

That being said, I'd like to see him play in somewhere like the Premier League, week-in, week-out.

Would be fun for people in NA, as Premiership definitely gets more TV time, but really, there is no other team in Europe that plays like Barca except Arsenal (and as we witnessed last night, Arsenal is a complete imposter of Barca). Messi's genius and Barca's play jive so well together--I can't really but think that he is most fun to watch in that system.

15. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Senior member

I would advise you to look outside of the EPL for really great football.

16. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I don't think it's possible for me to roll my eyes any harder. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

+1 [​IMG]

17. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Wut? Best league in a landslide.

18. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Senior member

Depends what kind of football you're looking for. It's not as silky or reliant on individual skill as La Liga, but I think top to bottom the EPL is the best league in the world. And because of it's fast pace and emphasis on interplay between all team members, I think it is (on average) also the most entertaining league in the world.

19. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

[​IMG] Wow--once again, completely and utterly outclassed. Not that we stood much of a chance without Fabregas, Arshavin, and Gallas (Silvestre is subtraction by addition, any way you look at it)...Still yet, Barca always impresses the hell out of me. For a team that plays with the ball as much as they do, they do a great job of dispossessing and pressuring when they don't have it; whereas Arsenal looked completely lost without the ball. Congrats on the win Barca fans--you're team is easily the class of the world. Meanwhile, Arsenal must find another centre back and another keeper. Almunia is [​IMG]

+1, but please don't forget to mention Van Persie next time. Arsenal may have actually gone all the way this season with him onboard.

20. fairholme_wannabe

+1, but please don't forget to mention Van Persie next time. Arsenal may have actually gone all the way this season with him onboard.

I don't think its really fair to mention Van Persie, as he is perpetually unfit(not just this campaign, either). I was specifically referring to individuals who played in the first leg that didn't make the second due to injury (though Cesc would have missed due to accumulation). I'm afraid we can't count on going anywhere until our centre back and keeping problems are adressed. I know that "Chesney" is supposed to be a stud, but I would be ecstatic of Wenger dipped into that suppoed 45M transfer fund and bought someone like Manuel Heuer.

Glad the Croatian has made something of the United-Bayern match. Bayern needs one and they'll win on away-goal differential.