• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '09

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Arsenal doesn't have enough weapons anyway.
rimshot.gif

I disagree with you..I think if Arsenal get in the game with the right mentality and attitude they can do it.It will be an open game no doubt and each midfielder on the pitch for Arsenal is creative with the ball at his feet.They just cant crumble like they did against United a couple of years ago and they can get a positive result against Barca.

Let me remind you that Arsenal played brilliantly a man down against a Barca with Ronaldinhio at his best a couple of years ago.

That said it will be very hard for any team to get positive results against Barca in two games.Barca can only beaten once and thats why its better to suprise them in one leg ex.FINAL.

Anyways hope Inter dont blow it against CSKA..The Russian teams were the suprise of the tournament this year.Barca were beaten by Rubin Kazan on their home turf

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Nobody watched?
Of course. But my sick love for English teams and utter footy hatred for anything past Beachy Head makes watching almost painful. That said, Barca destroyed Stuttgart and crazy Lehmann. They'll be hard to beat. Inter was also wonderfully managed by The Special One. I find Utd and Les Arse too inconsistent this year. I think Barca's got it. Nice to see some Frog teams. If Utd continue the improvement of late, they could peak at the right time. Great competition this year. Of course, Tottenham will be in it next year, then watch out.
smile.gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, my forecast didn't hit the mark.

In light of the draw United must be favourites to reach the final and will meet... Inter!

(Or the romantic in me sees Barca getting stuffed in the final in Madrid, the ultimate head screw for Catalonians...)

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dayum....Arsenal in the Rd of 8. It's gonna be tough, but I have full faith in my boys taking care of business.

I'm not too familiar with Arsenal, but I know they don't park the bus the way the other EPL teams do.

They better hope they have the fire power to withstand 180 minutes of Barcelona's attack.

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Of course. But my sick love for English teams and utter footy hatred for anything past Beachy Head makes watching almost painful.

That said, Barca destroyed Stuttgart and crazy Lehmann. They'll be hard to beat. Inter was also wonderfully managed by The Special One. I find Utd and Les Arse too inconsistent this year. I think Barca's got it. Nice to see some Frog teams. If Utd continue the improvement of late, they could peak at the right time.

Great competition this year. Of course, Tottenham will be in it next year, then watch out.
smile.gif

Luka Modric & Niko Kranjcar ftw!

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Dayum....Arsenal in the Rd of 8. It's gonna be tough, but I have full faith in my boys taking care of business.

I'm not too familiar with Arsenal, but I know they don't park the bus the way the other EPL teams do.

They better hope they have the fire power to withstand 180 minutes of Barcelona's attack.

You'll see much of Barca in Arsenal's game--Wenger is a dedicated practitioner of the 'beautiful game'. Like Maxwell and Abidal, Eboue and Clichy leave open space behind them a lot of time as they focus on participating on the attack.

The more I think about it, the more I like the tie. I think you're likely to see a gameplan built around Arshavin running free, with Wenger trying to highlight Walcott's tremendous pace on counters attacking the wing attempting to take advantage of Barcas typically high defensive line. That said, I'm scared as can be for our backline. Will be interesting to see how Wenger gameplans Messi--wouldn't be suprised to see him have a dedicated mark on him. He's done it with both Pirlo and Zidane before, to some success.

Xavi will be out the first leg, correct?

Will be really fun to see (1) Henry's reception in Emirates, and (2) Cesc's reception at Camp Nou.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

I think Xavi should be back by then. He has a less than serious calf injury he incurred early in the week.

I, too, think the tie will be fun to watch. I would be worried about Arsenal's backline though....they've give up 32-33 goal in the EPL this year.

Barcelona's only given up 16.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can anybody support a team whose manager can't tie a tie? Disgraceful.
shorttie-longtie.jpg
Now, this man can dress. And manage.
smile.gif
redknapp0404_468x644.jpg

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
shorttie-longtie.jpg
smile.gif
redknapp0404_468x644.jpg

Yes, Harry Redknapp can dress and manage. But despite Wenger's sartorial shortcomings, his teams play absolutely beautiful football. How can you not like his teams? Now, we just need a keeper and we'd be good to go.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

shorttie-longtie.jpg

smile.gif

redknapp0404_468x644.jpg

Wonder what Harry looks like when he's tired?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads