• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Lesser 13oz - it's the blue that's one shade lighter than navy

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

I can see how on your own scale it would be too busy ('cause it goes from 0 straight to 10 :laugh:). But, in my reality, one pattern (microcheck) for an outfit is not too busy at all.

I agree that it's not too busy for CBAppropriate: I'd have no qualms if you were managing my money. However, overcheck/undercheck shirts fight above their weight on pattern intensity. I'd say in the USA it's ~StrictCBD. Perhaps it'd be StrictCBD in London? Checked shirts are pretty conservative in London.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it fits well within the conservative business dress+ theme of this thread. Plus, it looks good.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright... unspoilered! :slayer:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
This is really nice. Probably one of the nicest suits I've seen you post. If you dont mind me asking, what field of work are you in?

post_desk-18.jpg
post_closeup-18.jpg
post_shoes-19.jpg

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is really nice.  Probably one of the nicest suits I've seen you post.  If you dont mind me asking, what field of work are you in?

"Field" is the operative word. See my cross examination of gdl below:

I'm wearing this today, to a client meeting, in a conservative industry - so that fits my view of conservative business dress but I'm not sure it fits the consensus view of conservative business dress
IMG00629-20120320-0901.jpg

Is that tie brown? What kind of farmer thinks brown anything is conservative business dress? Are you suggesting that becuase you have clients in a conservative industry who respect you and pay for your services that you can get away with calling field hand clothes conservative business dress?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl - Who makes your shirts? I really like the collar.

Thanks - I have a mix of RTW, old Jantzens and all my recent shirts are from Cego. Today's shirt is RTW Borrelli

Is that tie brown? What kind of farmer thinks brown anything is conservative business dress?

Conservative farmers?

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're up to your... oldtrix. Happy to see your posts, even if they're a bit off-topic.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads