• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caviar should be served...

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Just bring me the chilled tin and a big silver spoon. And vodka, or pale aquavit.

You mean mother of pearl spoon....
boxing[1].gif
boxing[1].gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Should it be wheeled out on a cart with a 19th century scale, the kind where you have to place cylidrical weights on the other side, and also a huge Weber-Kettle-sized bucket filled with shaved ice, into which half a dozen champagne and vodka bottles are shove up to the neck?
Originally Posted by Connemara
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Yep. Every night, playa. Except you missed the whimsical part, Mantie. The counter-weights are gold gram weights, to add to the exuberance. Although, I haven't taken any drinks of it yet. I just sit at family meal looking at it sitting there on the bar counter. That little tease.
Originally Posted by iammatt
In a tin, with a spoon and some champagne or vodka. Preferably, it is served to me in a locked room without other people around.

This is my rant about restaurants serving caviar "dishes" that do nothing but take away from the perfection of caviar itself.

We get caviar fed-ex'd to us about three times a week. Today, I received an entire kg of Russian Osetra in 100g containers. I thought of taking a picture and sending it to you, but figured it'd be dumb and not that funny.

r...

Reaction score
I tought metal utensils and caviar did not mix.

Lumpfish + Popov = Crazy Delicious. If the bourgie quoutient needs upped I just velcro elbow patches to my jacket.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caviar should be served...

1> OFTEN
2> With Blini or Carr's water crackers
3> With sides of Creme Fraiche, creamed onions, boiled egg whites, and crumbled stilton
4> With vodka
5> From a tin w/ a MOP spoon

For those who don't like Caviar in "dishes".. you're missing out.

Some highlights from my dining adventures:

1> Rick Tramonto's Caviar Staircase (I believe the progression was Salmon, Wasabi Tobiko, American Sturgeon, Golden Osetra)

2> Wasabi Tobiko sashimi (it's really great when it's done right)

3> Hand-harvested michigan steel-head trout roe over a dome of freeze-dried pineapple juice w/ a coconut foam and some freeze dried coconut (At Alinea)

pejsek

Reaction score
Black bread and ice-cold vodka (preferably bison-grass flavored). If you're tough the bread is simply for sniffing. Straight is best. In true Russian fashion the cockroaches are optional. Once upon a time this was a favorite breakfast.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Should it be wheeled out on a cart with a 19th century scale, the kind where you have to place cylidrical weights on the other side,

Call it a "Pharmacy scale" next time
smile.gif

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still amazed this hasnt been mentioned...

it should be served from the belly button of a 18 year old model, its the only and best way to serve caviar..

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
We eat it out of the 16oz mason jars we get it in. Being Russian has its perks.

Red caviar, though?

I had some American paddlefish a while back and thought it was excellent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads