• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Shoe Suggestions?

Specter

Reaction score
I need a pair of trendy sneakers (or other casual shoe) to wear with several outfitts of high end casual clothes. These will be used for dates/clubbing.

What are some current trendy shoes that might fit my bill?

If you could list several top brands I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking Gucci and Prada may be going a little far. I'd like to keep it under 300 dollars a pair if possible.

Some thoughts I had

Armani Jeans (no colors that I like)

Puma (good but maybe not going to stand out as high end brand)

Prada (Might be going to part)

Gucci (ditto above)

So Suggestions?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have any suggestions, but might have better luck if you posted this kind of question in SW&D. The style of dress you're describing isn't really what's popular in Men's Clothing.

Specter

Reaction score
I really didn't describe my dress style. I just said that they were casual clothes. I'm just wanting to know what brands of shoes are popular.

Hell will freeze over before I will dress in gothic attire.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Specter

Never say never...
smile.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really didn't describe my dress style. I just said that they were casual clothes. I'm just wanting to know what brands of shoes are popular. Hell will freeze over before I will dress in gothic attire.
WTF?
confused.gif
BTW to MCites MC=formal, SW=Casual Look into Adidas Rod Lavers Vintage Common Projects can be had under $300

tps16

Reaction score
I mostly wear dress shoes, but I have a pair of Zegna sneakers for occasional casual wear, and an old pair from Prada that have held up pretty well. They are about 8 years old now.

brittain

Reaction score
I have these prada loafers, they're great. They usually go for $420 though, so they might be a bit more than you want to spend. You could also consider some chelsea boots or chukkas.
BG-16LT_mn.jpg

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really didn't describe my dress style. I just said that they were casual clothes. I'm just wanting to know what brands of shoes are popular.

You said you were looking for "sneakers." This is all I need to know to be certain you'd be better off asking this question in SW&D.

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
BTW to MCites MC=formal, SW=Casual

Quoted to make sure OP sees it.

123puttz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
I have these prada loafers, they're great. They usually go for $420 though, so they might be a bit more than you want to spend. You could also consider some chelsea boots or chukkas.

BG-16LT_mn.jpg

Brittain,
How do those Prada loafers run by size? I am a 11.5 M U.S. in most shoes. I think they look great and want to buy a pair on the internet. Not sure where I would find them in my area, although I do have acces to NM, Saks and Nordstrom.

Thanks!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 123puttz
Brittain,
How do those Prada loafers run by size? I am a 11.5 M U.S. in most shoes. I think they look great and want to buy a pair on the internet. Not sure where I would find them in my area, although I do have acces to NM, Saks and Nordstrom.

Thanks!

How do Gucci and Prada compare in terms of style and durability esp in loafers (or should that be a thread by itself)?

brittain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 123puttz
Brittain, How do those Prada loafers run by size? I am a 11.5 M U.S. in most shoes. I think they look great and want to buy a pair on the internet. Not sure where I would find them in my area, although I do have acces to NM, Saks and Nordstrom. Thanks!
first, I have to caveat this response by saying Im abroad right now without those shoes, so my answer might be a bit off. I believe my pradas are a size 9 1/2. I have two pairs of Marteganis that are 10 1/2, if I recall correctly. The only shoes Ive got with me right now are some Asics running shoes (12 1/2), saloman trail runners (12), Asolo boots (11 1/2), and Keen boots (12)- no dress shoes with me. sorry I cant be of more help. I think I bought mine at NM, you should also be able to find them at Saks.
Originally Posted by mkarim
How do Gucci and Prada compare in terms of style and durability esp in loafers (or should that be a thread by itself)?
Ive had those prada loafers for 3 years and have put a ton of miles on them. By now the sole is pretty much worn away on both heels and the balls of the feet, but with the amount of use Ive gotten out of them I think 3 years is pretty decent and plan to buy them again. the soles are rubber and are not replaceable. Quality of the rest of the shoe has been just fine.

wosk

Reaction score
If I'm not wearing leather dress shoes or winter boots I wear shoes that are or are similar to converse (which is more or less only in the summer without socks), not high end, but classic.
4422_20092210171029133253.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads