• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Very true, just not sure it should be my home. :wink: We already have 2 weekend only cars...not sure how Mrs. Dino, my wallet, or my limited free time would feel about a 3rd.

Right? but you have great taste. and 2 worthy cars tucked away.
from the feels, it must hurt when you see cars that need a better home. i get it too.

the rest of the world might think we are nuts. you guys know?

Explained to Mrs Vader earlier today. that the Yellow Monster is going nowhere.
yes it is hurt, yes it will cost 10k to fix it. but the car stays.
why?

a few days ago, my 2.5 year old son was outside. and he was all over the car, running his hands over the bumpers, pointing at the stickers, saying "Dad's car" (in Japanese).
i gave him the key, let him start it.he lit up. and laughed a real smile. i put him in the passenger seat. and moved it around the yard, to it's new spot.he wanted to sit there all day. he loves this thing. This is his childhood memory. :satisfied:

on the shelf for now. but destined to live forever. with a new pilot.

- "No, this is Kouki's car".
aaaayyhe chuchujajaaayaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
:inlove:

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely sad to see an old iconic car not receiving the care it deserves. It pissed me off to see the 2002's fold out back windows unhinged an slightly open on a rainy day. Mrs. Dino knows the owner, and the owner has suggested we buy it from her after the summer, but seeing how its neglected at times, I just don't know that I want to jump down that rabbit hole. Ms. Dino didn't say no, although again its the age old scenario of limited time, garage space, and funds. Oh well, I have time to ponder the issue.

Thankfully, Mrs. Dino (and it sounds like your wife too) is very understanding of this crazy car hobby of ours.

Great story about your son!!! Always nice to hear about the next generation developing an early love of cars.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
My wife's car just died a little unexpectedly.

Considering accord hybrid and camry hybrid as a replacement, since she drives a lot and loves polar bears.

I figure that the 1000 cabbies in toronto driving camry hybrids can't be wrong.

Does anyone have experience with these cars?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want the best of both worlds, get a new mazda. They've been doing some really good stuff lately. Even their econoboxes aren't terrible to drive.

On the note of mazdas... Owning a miata that makes turbo flutter noises makes me giggle.

brokencycle

Reaction score
My wife's car just died a little unexpectedly.

Considering accord hybrid and camry hybrid as a replacement, since she drives a lot and loves polar bears.

I figure that the 1000 cabbies in toronto driving camry hybrids can't be wrong.

Does anyone have experience with these cars?

Do the math because hybrids generally require a lot of CITY driving miles to make up for the upfront cost delta. Also, hybrid batteries are ****** for the environment if you care about that kind of thing.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
not a lot of experience with either. but have you seen the lexus 200h?
MrsV used to drive the non hybrid version (Toyota). decent enough.
sure the Lexus is way nicer.

hard choice. Toyota build for supreme durability and comfort per dollar. Honda build at the forefront of design and expertise.

@brokencycle is right. there are no real benefits to a Hybrid.

you could get her a nice late gen Civic with no regrets.

brokencycle

Reaction score
not a lot of experience with either. but have you seen the lexus 200h?
MrsV used to drive the non hybrid version (Toyota). decent enough.
sure the Lexus is way nicer.

hard choice. Toyota build for supreme durability and comfort per dollar. Honda build at the forefront of design and expertise.

@brokencycle is right. there are no real benefits to a Hybrid.

you could get her a nice late gen Civic with no regrets.

We test drove a CT200H. My wife really liked it. I thought it was underpowered and the quality is somewhere between a normal Lexus and an XLE trimmed Toyota.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Thanks all. She drives more than an hour per day in city driving, and around an hour highway. Main concern is emissions (as opposed to having $ on gas), but saving $ is a bonus.

Based on my half-assed research, I thought that hybrids have a big co2 cost up front, but save emissions OVER THEIR USEFUL LIVES compared to other cars. I'm not sure whether that's actually better or worse. There's the concept of time value of money; is there a concept of time value of emissions?

Prius - unbearably slow (Lexus ct200h has similar acceleration times)

Sonata - turn signal sound and throttle delay made me want to murder someone

Hybrid Accord - she drove and loved it, but it sold out from under us.

Hybrid Camry - 2017 driven, earlier versions not driven. Seems good. enough.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lulz. Turns out the cool flutter noises were from compressor surge. I forgot to put a vac line on the BOV. Noob does noob things.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Thanks all. She drives more than an hour per day in city driving, and around an hour highway. Main concern is emissions (as opposed to having $ on gas), but saving $ is a bonus.

Based on my half-assed research, I thought that hybrids have a big co2 cost up front, but save emissions OVER THEIR USEFUL LIVES compared to other cars. I'm not sure whether that's actually better or worse. There's the concept of time value of money; is there a concept of time value of emissions?

Prius - unbearably slow (Lexus ct200h has similar acceleration times)

Sonata - turn signal sound and throttle delay made me want to murder someone

Hybrid Accord - she drove and loved it, but it sold out from under us.

Hybrid Camry - 2017 driven, earlier versions not driven. Seems good. enough.

My comment has nothing to do with CO2, but rather the making of batteries themselves. https://www.theguardian.com/vital-s...eries-environment-lithium-elon-musk-powerwall

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, my first turbo oil leak. What a time to be alive!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these headaches are bringing back memories of wrenching. My knuckles thank me.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, my hands look like they got into a fight with a cheese grater...

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In any event... it lives.

4uy3A20.jpg

Could probably have done without hammering down the edges of the bay if we'd pried the motor over to the other side to slip the manifold on, but we didn't really think of that and/or figure it out till later.

Currently running healthy AFR's at 7 psi cutoff. It's pretty awesome. Certainly did a ton to wake the car up.

The best thing is that it's exactly the same if I'm cruising...but give it some throttle and it spools right up. I thought I would hate the EWG, but it sounds fantastic. I don't even mind the fact that it's loud because it only happens when I want it to. Im on the fence re: whether or not to have it setup to recirculate into the downpipe because sleeper.

I might try to retrofit the heat shielding I had for my header over the turbo. I'm sure that the brake and clutch cylinders would appreciate not melting.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads