• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got caught doing 93 mph in a 65 mph zone (45 kph over). I was passing someone and there was this silver Hyundai Accent on my tail; he was so close that I couldn't even see his headlamps. I wanted to pass the guy in the right lane and then shift into that lane to allow the Hyundai to go past as there was no room in the right lane behind the car I was passing.

Got it moved down to a parking violation with a $125 fine.

Last edited:

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small timers.

Welcome to the netherlands, where cops use lasers to Give speeding tickets as à pasttime

First ticket ever: €210 , for 41km over the speeding limit.
Since then, over 4k in speeding, 4 Times to court and 3 months my license revoked.

Yeah, it sucks to have been brought up with fast cars
and not being able to use them.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Small timers.
Welcome to the netherlands, where cops use lasers to Give speeding tickets as à pasttime

Hopefully on the motorway

The biggest one I've got was 80 in a 60kph zone and it went from 80€ to 200€ at 79kph.

I think it's pure luck that I've never been caught for anything worse.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Small timers.
Since then, over 4k in speeding, 4 Times to court and 3 months my license revoked.
Yeah, it sucks to have been brought up with fast cars
and not being able to use them.

Yup... ha ha, you guys are going to hate me but I built part of the system on the A12 outside of Rotterdam that tracks cars over 3km for speed and issues a ticket if you exceed it.

Its a great business, everyone should do it.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
looking at some numbers last night for the new M5 vs GT-R
GT-R latest version comparo with veyron SS and 997 Turbo S, a real controlled test
M5 C&D tests with a press car at the intro, a real controlled test would be a bit faster

M5....GT-R
1/4...12/122...11.2/123, pretty big difference in ET
0-60...3.7...2.94, most of the difference is at launch, awd, 400 lbs lighter and agressive launch control system
0-150...18.3...18.8, the M5 is actually faster! and that is saying something because the GT-R is veeery fast
60-150...14.6...15.7+, so after 60 the M5 starts reeling the GT-R in
the M5 is 2.5 sec faster to 186 (300 km/hr)
and I bet when tested under controlled conditons at closer to sea level (as the GT-R was) it will be a bit faster

that is one fast 4 door

KurtS90

Reaction score
I was at the mall today, bought some Allen Edmonds Shoes, belt, tie, and pocket square. I noticed a Infitnti G37 Convertible with top out of alignment (passenger side below windshield, driver side above). It was being loaded up on a tow truck... Is this a common issues with hard tops or this model? Just curious as this car is one I been thinking about in a year or two.

~Kurt

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

I got caught doing 93 mph in a 65 mph zone (45 kph over). I was passing someone and there was this silver Hyundai Accent on my tail; he was so close that I couldn't even see his headlamps. I wanted to pass the guy in the right lane and then shift into that lane to allow the Hyundai to go past as there was no room in the right lane behind the car I was passing.

Got it moved down to a parking violation with a $125 fine.

cool story bro

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup... ha ha, you guys are going to hate me but I built part of the system on the A12 outside of Rotterdam that tracks cars over 3km for speed and issues a ticket if you exceed it.

Its a great business, everyone should do it.

It works allright, last time i checked speeding produces €500 million for the government, quite lucrative given how small the country is..

Re: find finn,

My personal record is €580, which was 58 km over in an 80 zone. Never to be repeated as rates have gone up since...

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 years of license never got a ticket or stopped. I think i'm lucky in a way and my time will come someday
musicboohoo[1].gif

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

7 years of license never got a ticket or stopped. I think i'm lucky in a way and my time will come someday
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif

You're not trying hard enough.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish i knew about this thread when i still had her. Not a DB9 or Jag but she held her own on the track.

IMG_1513.jpg

currently on the hunt for decent 964

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads