• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever my wife or I half ass something, we quote the line from Shrek, "that'll do donkey, that'll do." The front of that car looks like they got through the first draft saying they will update it for future iterations and somehow it was put into production and the designers said to themselves, "that'll do."

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't believe this is available to order.

dakar.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wandered into a Lambo rally in Miami Beach. How completely non-stereotypical.

IMG_1613.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the same happened to me at the montage laguna beach
Something similar happened to me once when I wandered into a place to get a beer and there were all these topless ladies around asking me if I was looking for some company.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slim pickings at the Denver rental lot, but they did have a GR86 sitting in a corner. Probably not a lot of demand for rwd sports coupes this time of year as they also had a bunch of Dodge Challengers sitting around. I’m not headed to the mountains, so GR86 it is.

Cool little car. Bumpy-ass ride, but fun to drive.

I could never own one though…at 6’2”, even with the telescoping wheel I can’t get into a driving position that gives my legs room to move around the pedals while also not having to stretch to reach the wheel :(

Nice to see what I could get if I sacrificed all the creature comforts and practicality of the GTI.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim pickings at the Denver rental lot, but they did have a GR86 sitting in a corner. Probably not a lot of demand for rwd sports coupes this time of year as they also had a bunch of Dodge Challengers sitting around. I’m not headed to the mountains, so GR86 it is.

Cool little car. Bumpy-ass ride, but fun to drive.

I could never own one though…at 6’2”, even with the telescoping wheel I can’t get into a driving position that gives my legs room to move around the pedals while also not having to stretch to reach the wheel :(

Nice to see what I could get if I sacrificed all the creature comforts and practicality of the GTI.
In my biased (VAG fan boy) opinion, the gti wins out but I am curious what the GR/BRZ is like to drive. Similar enthusiast fan base.

RWD and naturally aspirated sound like a fun combo. Similar HP to your GTI? Wonder if they can respond as well to an ECU tune?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No idea on the tune. Honestly it feels less zippy, but I think that’s only because of the driving dynamics and lack of the feeling of boost kicking in…because it is easy to look down at the speedo and realize your going faster than you thought and on paper power to weight should be better.

Suspension is much stiffer and would not be pleasant to drive long distance or on bad roads.

It also has miserable blind spot visibility on the drivers side. In the GTI I never feel too concerned about driving a little car next to a bunch of hulking behemoths, but in this tiny little thing I’ve been constantly afraid that I’m going to change lanes into another car… might get used to it over time, and I’m sure it would be better if I had the seat a few inches forward, but in my driving position there’s just no way to see short of leaning fully forwards and then twisting to look back.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and it is an automatic, but the shift lever is designed to look and kind of feel like a stick.

I keep getting a weird muscle memory feeling when I try to do things like start it or come to a stop without pressing in a clutch pedal. I don’t normally get that in other automatics.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sub 5000 KM E46 M3 CSL sells for €325,625 EUR at Sothebys Munich yesterday.

The listing states, "specified with the highly desirable six-speed automated manual transmission."

Wasn't this transmission a bit of a dog even for its day or am I confusing it w/a different BMW transmission? Sure is a stunner nonetheless.

m3_csl.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: FPB

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sub 5000 KM E46 M3 CSL sells for €325,625 EUR at Sothebys Munich yesterday.

The listing states, "specified with the highly desirable six-speed automated manual transmission."

Wasn't this transmission a bit of a dog even for its day or am I confusing it w/a different BMW transmission? Sure is a stunner nonetheless.

View attachment 1861344
I believe it has the original SMG which was mostly unloved.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can think of quite a few things I'd rather spend that kind of money on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads