• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one stopped me dead in my tracks on the Longboard today. I don’t see too many of these rolling around.

View attachment 1400618

Yea, the 944S2 Carbriolets had a short production run, just 1990 and 91. The top and body work was farmed out to ASC (which also did some Mustangs in the 80s). My uncle bought one new (white over burgundy) at the end of 91, when Porsche was struggling and dealers were discounting a significant amount to get them out the door. He had it until he passed away about 2 years ago.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
sorry he's gone, where is the car now? Curious why you didn't take custody of it.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry he's gone, where is the car now? Curious why you didn't take custody of it.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I almost kept it, and had figured out I could squeeze it into our over sized garage with the other cars. It only 28,000 miles, lots of expensive options, full leather, sport seats, high end audio system with factory graphic equalizer. However, I found it out had been been in a very bad accident at one point, and it was never quite right. Several local Porsche people (dealers and independents) couldn't figure out how to get everything the way it should be. While there was sentimental value, I just couldn't justify sinking a lot of money into a car that had really been hit very hard when there was no defined solution or idea as to whether they needed to do or how long it would take to correct the rebuild mistakes. So I let them sell it with some of his other estate property.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was on a video call the other day with a coworker and in the background he had this laser outline picture of a 930 Turbo. I knew he was a Porsche guy due to the Cayman S he drives in to the office. Talked to him a bit and he doesn't have a 930 Turbo but is on the lookout for a 993 C4S. I have heard he has a Porsche for track days but haven't been able to ask him about that.

It is fun when you find someone else interested in cars and just shoot the **** and lose track of time.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is fun when you find someone else interested in cars and just shoot the **** and lose track of time.

I've spent many Sundays doing that with my car buddies. I don't know where the time goes!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
993 would be outrageous expensive I would imagine...

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
993 would be outrageous expensive I would imagine...

I passed on this 4S for less than $90k CAD a couple of years back and I've regretted it every day since.

Easily a $125k car today.

32170232585_fbefc7660c_k.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
993 looks good, but that kind of money, seriously...

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never seen Fisker Karma on the road for sure...

I saw one last year and it looks good in passing. Unfortunately the one I saw was parked in front of a bar and with every moment it looked even more bland

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not in that market, someone tell me why?

The same reasons why certain Porsche models are going for twice their price when new. This generation of Civic Si is heavily sought after. Most are tuned and modified beyond repair so one with such low mileage and preservation, i can totally see why it sold for its price.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, not familiar with that market, but say this vs. a equal condition S2000, would S2000 go over $50k?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads