• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

laugh2-smiley.gif

this emoticon perfectly captures how I feel when I'm making about 60% of my poasts. how to add to styleforum arsenal?

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Have you guys seen this ******* Acura ad they've been running on ESPN? I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it. Apparently they're going after the Patrick Bateman market.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this emoticon perfectly captures how I feel when I'm making about 60% of my poasts. how to add to styleforum arsenal?

I agree. For me its about 40% though. Transparent mod? Or stick it in your images and pull it up via 'recently used'.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw that ad too. to be fair, Lexus started this ad positioning of appealing to assholes who think they're better than everyone else and I've seen BMW and Mercedes use it too. but yeah, this is a whole other level of assholism

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey, it's pretty cool that my ipad autocorrect accepts "assholism" as a legitimate English word
laugh2-smiley.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Must see this ad.

mike1445

Reaction score
"you wake up in your luxury bed and get out of your luxury sheets and get into you luxury shower.......then you get into your luxury car and it makes it all not seem so luxurious." Pair with pictures of modern home and fancy coffee maker and LED headlights. felt more like social commentary then an advertisement.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

"you wake up in your luxury bed and get out of your luxury sheets and get into you luxury shower.......then you get into your luxury car and it makes it all not seem so luxurious." Pair with pictures of modern home and fancy coffee maker and LED headlights. felt more like social commentary then an advertisement.

Whoosh. I use Sbx so this obviously is not relevant to my interests.

mike1445

Reaction score
haha, has anyone driven an acura recently? i sat in some at the car show, nicely equipped, decent looking but rather boring and hard to have a full impression without taking it for a ride. The Equus was right next to the Acura display and that stole my attention.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've test driven the MDX a couple of times. Cockpit feels cheap, engine is weak, but they have great residual and I am sure the Honda drivers that are now earning enough to get into Acura are very happy with them.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't even know what a luxury shower is...??

my experience with test driving them is a bit dated (4 years ago), but it was terrible enough that I've never considered them since. not really that luxurious, ugly looks, inadequate power, terrible torque steer on the front drive models - they weren't too competitive. their multimedia features were very cool though

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I don't even know what a luxury shower is...??

my experience with test driving them is a bit dated (4 years ago), but it was terrible enough that I've never considered them since. not really that luxurious, ugly looks, inadequate power, terrible torque steer on the front drive models - they weren't too competitive. their multimedia features were very cool though

Yeah, I think their biggest customer pool is the Honda driver that has increased their cash flow. It's not that they're bad cars, as I've read they are very reliable and well designed, it's just they are uninspired and uninspiring in so many ways.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

haha, has anyone driven an acura recently? i sat in some at the car show, nicely equipped, decent looking but rather boring and hard to have a full impression without taking it for a ride. The Equus was right next to the Acura display and that stole my attention.

I have a TL. It's reliable, however the luxury aspect of it is minimal. My passenger seat tore after 35k miles and all the leather is very 'worn looking' and I'm very easy on my car. It's very easy to have nearly any leather look passable when new, but really only a good quality leather will look good after years of use. It also has very odd blind spots that have nearly cause me to do alot of double checking before making a lane change entering the highway or watching for crossing pedestrians.

Not sure I would purchase another acura for that reason, in spite of recent comments in this thread I would lean toward BMW 5 series or better personally. I dont give a **** if a car is really fast or has every gimmicky feature, all I want is a reliable driver that looks nice for 75k miles that gets out the way when needed. So, acura kinda sucks when compared to anything recent, luxury and german.

Also, purchasing it took ******* forever, I think I killed an entire afternoon at the dealership. Which was terribly annoying considering that I went in and said 'if you can sell me that car for this price I will take right now'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads