• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Alfa Romeo is unreliable...
Yes, just the stelvio was on my list due to AWD. Giulia qv drives nice, but terrible reliability. Maserati isn’t an impressive maker either. It’s too bad, because they both make really good looking cars and good exhaust notes.

I need to try a Macan, I keep hearing they’re really nice, especially the S and GTS models.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Alfa Romeo is unreliable...

just typically Italian = quirky and requires a manual to keep on the road.

Have to say though, ever since they shelved the busso engine the brand doesn’t move me anymore. Rented a guiletta and a stelvio last times I was in Italy, but it’s not the same feeling I had with the 156 / 166..

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the best sounding crossover is the Levante/Stelvio QF though. But the Macan with PSE is pretty decent

The Levante does sound great...but the rest of it, is a bit of a let down. 2 years ago friend of ours asked me to go car/SUV shopping with them since they rarely buy cars. We looked at MB AMGs, Porsche, and Maserati. The Levante sounded great and the leather is nice, but it seemed rather cheap and unimpressive. We almost died laughing when the sales person said, "With the Levante you get Maserati reliability!"

Anyway, the pricing on new left over Turbo Macan made it a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have been a misfire, how many miles / what year is this car, could be due for spark plugs and coil packs.
4.25 years and 50,000 miles. I just had it serviced the weekend before the car went into limp mode.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So capping off the exhaust talk I'm probably going to settle for something like this until the first 10K. It's a Nameless Axel Back Muffler Delete. I personally think it sounds great and accentuates that Subie Rumble that i'm after. Not the Tomei Expreme but it will do.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So capping off the exhaust talk I'm probably going to settle for something like this until the first 10K. It's a Nameless Axel Back Muffler Delete. I personally think it sounds great and accentuates that Subie Rumble that i'm after. Not the Tomei Expreme but it will do.

Don't "settle" for something that you don't really want just to buy what you want later. It's a waste of money and time doing the same "mod" twice. Also, it's your car, your money, do with it as you please, don't let these random people's comments on here dictate how you do things.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't "settle" for something that you don't really want just to buy what you want later. It's a waste of money and time doing the same "mod" twice. Also, it's your car, your money, do with it as you please, don't let these random people's comments on here dictate how you do things.

Thanks and that's good advice. My intention for the sudden switch was more on cost savings: $981 vs $329. Also before I mess with the car, I'd like to have any issues sorted out before I go ahead and attempt to void the warranty, or at least give Subaru a reason to. However I still want to enjoy that rumble in a way that is pleasing to my ears and wallet lol, and this one was also on my radar. Like with many sports cars (GTI, STI, SI) the stock exhausts are just too quiet at low RPM and uninspiring, but that hasn't stopped me since my SI is 12.5 years old and the exhaust is still stock ;) . In my SI's case I actually prefer the stock version compared to the alternatives on the market, since most aftermarket Civic exhausts sound kinda ricey (again to my ears).

On that front, my stainless steel muffler tip has finally come off from bolt being sheered off, and to my surprise I actually like the look of it. Looks more raw, like a straight pipe. Luckily I was able to retrieve the stainless steel tip before it fell, as they run about $50 - $100.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
good point.

If it snows where he is? the factory exhaust will rust out in a year or 2.
so, spend your money how you want to. we are just here to discuss it.
also recommend getting the underside protected. if you look at your car on a lift, you will see unpainted areas.
one scratch? -rust.

Dang, if i was spending that much on a car? OCD would be out of control.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics