• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
**** is ugly.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I needed a luxobarge, I'd get a used E38 740 in black and refresh its mechanical bits (suspension, bushings, etc). Cheap as dirt (which is good because you will be paying through the nose for maintenance), and it was really the last good-looking big BMW.

Yeah, the execs I talk to are really concerned with conspicuous consumption.

Kuki

Reaction score
So I took this out for a test drive:

Goddamn now I need this car in my life.
devil.gif
So much fun to drive this beast.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Terrible page. The R8, GTR and SLS have all been called ugly. Damn!

yeah for real. all these <100 post noobs ******** on R8s and GTRs? nooo thanks!

SLS is a car that I can see some not liking, but the others....?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, the R35 is not really pretty. too slab-sided, too many scoops and edges and stuff going on - it's functional, i'm sure, but it's not really designed to be beautiful. and the interior is not great (although better than the first gen which was embarrassing). i love the car but if i were to ever get it it would be black to hide all of the busyness.

the R8, on the other hand, if you don't think that's a beautiful car there's something wrong with you ;)

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
I personally love the GTR, with the Gran Turismo type display for up to date stats on the car. I just think the styling is ok (not bad though better than most).

Last edited:

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
you have to first realize that the GTR was never aspiring to be the best-designed car, in terms of appearance, to appreciate its beauty. realize that it's not trying to be a lambo or ferrari and then take a look at it as it drives past or along side you on the highway; the thing looks so mean and badass, especially in a darker colour. I'd go with that dark grey they have.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you have to first realize that the GTR was never aspiring to be the best-designed car, in terms of appearance, to appreciate its beauty. realize that it's not trying to be a lambo or ferrari and then take a look at it as it drives past or along side you on the highway; the thing looks so mean and badass, especially in a darker colour. I'd go with that dark grey they have.

+1

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah the GTR is a piece of engineering and not a cruiser.

Terrible page. The R8, GTR and SLS have all been called ugly. Damn!

Someone needs to get their eyes checked, if they think the R8 and SLS are ugly, the only ugly thing about the SLS is the colour, but all cars a ugly in white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads