• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep the stripe. It looks perfect. Yellow contrasts MB exceptionally well. And also, because race-car.

I didn't think I'd like the MB belt pass-throughs (or whatever they're called), but they look amazing. The houndstooth also works perfect.

This Touring interior is arguably my favourite 991 interior so far. Yours is a strong contender for top 5.

dsc08624_68135d04ee2bda70d00dc127e2259eb19411623a.jpg

Thank you, sir. Crossed fingers that the real thing looks decent.

I noticed that Touring interior on Rennlist recently as well. I elected not to do the piping because Olympic Blue leather is quite a bit lighter than any of the Mexico, Riviera, or Miami blue exterior paints. Also, since no blue stitching is available, the piping would stand out on its own.

All that said, the spec does seem to work well in the pictures. Oh well—always a gamble.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@HRoi: How big of a deposit did your dealer require on your PTS build? I'm sure with a spec like that, they would require full assurance you'd be taking delivery. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lol. 100% correct. My guy, who nonchalantly told me he’d take “whatever you want to put down as a deposit” for a high demand GT4, told me he definitely needed a $6k deposit for this one. I laughed and said “you don’t think you’ll ever be able to sell this, do you?” :laugh:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The majority of these cars were specced with a manual because they were hoping a repeat of the R would happen and values would skyrocket. They didn't, and I suspect if the 992 GT3 is offered with a manual, the take rate would be under 20% because the reality is PDK is far better suited to the chassis than a traditional 6MT.

I dunno if anyone thought values would skyrocket—but they have certainly held. Hard to get your hands on any 991.2 GT3 at retail, either new or used.

Agree that how the 992 version turns out will impact prices though. If anything short of manual and unassisted naturally aspirated, the current GT3 will hold status as peak 911 for a lot a folks—values will either hold are appreciate meaningfully. If the 992 stays stick and NA, fuzzier picture.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. Crossed fingers that the real thing looks decent.

I noticed that Touring interior on Rennlist recently as well. I elected not to do the piping because Olympic Blue leather is quite a bit lighter than any of the Mexico, Riviera, or Miami blue exterior paints. Also, since no blue stitching is available, the piping would stand out on its own.

All that said, the spec does seem to work well in the pictures. Oh well—always a gamble.
Oh, I’m certain it will look great. Even though I still prefer grey or no stripe. I’ve seen Miami blue interiors and they look awesome. And they don’t even have your CXX stuff or the pepita inserts.

And even if you hate it, just flip the car and make $30k :laugh:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And on the topic of GT4s, though I'm admittedly not a huge fan of obnoxious over-run cracks/burbles, this Dundon-tuned GT4 sounds wicked:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wouldn’s say the current chassis isn’t optimized for the stick. Actually, from what I’ve heard from internal Porsche people, quite the opposite. As I noted earlier, the idea to develop a dedicated 6-speed manual was very much part of the car’s conceptualization. Consider the 911R as a sort of test mule. Maybe most tellingly, Andrew Preuninger picked a manual 991.2 GT3 for his own car—not an R and not a PDK.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds NA to me:

But as you said, who knows. Can't go wrong with any GT car really.

We’ll see.

Regardless, the 992 is looking like the 991’s slightly fatter, but generally still attractive sister, with a uni-brow.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And on the topic of GT4s, though I'm admittedly not a huge fan of obnoxious over-run cracks/burbles, this Dundon-tuned GT4 sounds wicked:

If y’all decide you can’t live without that, I’d gladly trade you one for your incoming GT3/RS’s. :fistbump:

Mine has cargraphic race (catless) headers and HRE wheels. Not sure if Alan (the owner of car in vid) has cats or not

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Serious question. If it's all about rowing the gears, acceleration, corners...why not buy a Hayabusa? Or do you need a cage?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Serious question. If it's all about rowing the gears, acceleration, corners...why not buy a Hayabusa? Or do you need a cage?

Motorcycles present an entirely different risk and utility proposition that I’m not interested in taking on.

Also, cars have a different aesthetic appeal that might be more to one’s fancy. If you love looking at beautiful women or cars, you’ll tend to want one for yourself.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Motorcycles present an entirely different risk and utility proposition that I’m not interested in taking on.

Also, cars have a different aesthetic appeal that might be more to one’s fancy. If you love looking at beautiful women or cars, you’ll tend to want one for yourself.

I guess I have nothing left to conquer.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hayabusa's are great.... for straight line speed. They're not really all that nimble relative to some of the other offerings.

I remember someone on here that had/has a triumph STR. Now that's a more apt comparison.

On the miata front, I've spent the last 2 nights drilling holes into the underside of the chassis andddd I swapped over to a new JDM/EUDM intake manifold (way more flow). Good times.
(Pics incoming as soon as I finish)

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaand at the other end of the car-expense spectrum: I just bought a center differential lock for my 2003 Land Rover Discovery. It cost me about 300 bucks, plus another 100 or so for the shifter/linkage. From what I've read it improves the off-road capability of the Disco significantly. So once I get that and have it installed I will be interested to see what sort of difference it makes offroad.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Aaaaaand at the other end of the car-expense spectrum: I just bought a center differential lock for my 2003 Land Rover Discovery. It cost me about 300 bucks, plus another 100 or so for the shifter/linkage. From what I've read it improves the off-road capability of the Disco significantly. So once I get that and have it installed I will be interested to see what sort of difference it makes offroad.

I had an LR3 in the early aughts and damn did that thing ever offroad. Is that a Detroit locker you bought? Mine had that. Best thing was twice a year the local Rover dealership sponsored day long off road events. They always had two or three extreme passes scouted out and experienced spotters to talk you through and a nice catered lunch like a BBQ at 13k feet one time. Pretty cool feeling to do a major climb or rock crawl where you inch forward onto three wheels, inch a bit more and the vehicle shifts to raise a different wheel and the currently raised one gets contact again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads