• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Recommend yokohama or Toyo tires.
I run Advan on the subie. And a person I trust swears by Toyo.

For your wife's car. Performance in wet and road noise are more important than track day grip.

Those 2 companies make great products, equal to Michelin.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
It is in the booth!
DSC_0956.JPG

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did some soul searching over the last few days and decided to sell a bunch of the stuff I had for the miata.

I sold the race wheels I bought, which was a huge bummer, but I don't think they're useful to me at this stage. I also sold a header and differential I had. All in all, I think I did pretty well and got my asking price for just about everything.

I had to put a bunch of money into the subie recently for some routine things. By bunch, I mean it was like 550 to get a rear wheel bearing replaced as well as have the ignition system looked over because I was getting a ton of misfires and codes. Turns out I needed a coil pack and had the plugs and wires changed out then as well. Car is running far better now. Should be it for repair ish for the next year as these things go. I'd been putting off the wheel bearing for months, heh.

Regarding the miata...
I'm looking into things to make the stock engine stay happy and reliable even when the car is put through the paces a bit. Have an oil cooler coming in and I want to get an air oil separator. Lets see how it goes. I don't see myself having tons of time to tool around so I'll have to tackle things with surgical precision.

I also really want a duckbill spoiler... At some point I want to do the lip and diffuser as well. But the paint on my car is so ****** that doing appearance things kinda makes me lulz. I definitely need to reattach the undertray soon though. Hood vents will also happen at some point. Maybe I should start saving money up for a hard top... that kinda defeats the purpose of a convertible so I'm a bit torn on it.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
as you improve in your studies, your car will be an outlet to demonstrate your state of mind.

i look forward to seeing the post studies miata.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, I won't be 'post studies' for another decade.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah given your mechanics skills I wouldn't want you performing medical practice on me quite yet. :hide:

Don't worry, I'm a boss at retracting in the OR!

That's just a fancy way of saying that the surgeon looks at me and goes 'hey you, hold this' and I oblige so I don't get yelled at.

Side note: Race wheels, header, and open diff sold!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one of the few cars i am itchin' to customize.

an icon.

They are really easy to do whatever you want with them, lower or raise or whatever. I rebuilt the front and rear suspension last November, put heavier springs up front and in the back so it stands a bit taller than most 240s and added some aftermarket steering components. It handles turns and bumps surprisingly well for a 30 year old wagon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads