Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

2. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Don't go trading that in for some stupid low price without emailing me. [​IMG]

Perry

[​IMG]

This is my second M3, one of the many good things about the car is that you don't ever trade them in. I sold my last one in two days for asking price.

3. Memphis

Memphis Senior member

I figure I would play and show you what I drive/race on a daily basis. 2004 Volkswagen R32. By far the best bang for the buck vehicle I have ever owned. Its pretty satifying to go into a Porsche dealer to trade in the car for a C4S and after the test drive come away disapointed in the potential purchase.

Street Mode
    [​IMG]

Track/AutoX mode
    [​IMG]

4. AuburnM5

AuburnM5 Member

New to the forum, figured this was a good place as any for my first post. 2003 M5.

5. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've bought a few new cars in the past and got sick of eating the depreciation so I got this a few years ago - a 1995 w124 E320. Great car - still looks new inside and out. I spend about $1500 per year maintaining it, which is a hell of a lot less than paying for a new economy car. and this only cost me $8000 when I bought it 3 years ago. My mechanic thinks it will go 400K+ miles. Its at 170K now.

6. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

I've bought a few new cars in the past and got sick of eating the depreciation so I got this a few years ago - a 1995 w124 E320. Great car - still looks new inside and out. I spend about $1500 per year maintaining it, which is a hell of a lot less than paying for a new economy car. and this only cost me $8000 when I bought it 3 years ago. My mechanic thinks it will go 400K+ miles. Its at 170K now.

Fabulous car. My brother just bought an 300E as a daily driver and it is very nice ride for the money.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Completely relevant, but I went to the mall today to get lunch with a friend of mine (the food at the food court sucks...) and when I was going back to my car I saw 3 07' black E350's parked next to each other...there's way too much money / not really moneyed but financially mortgaged up the ass people in south Florida.

Jon.

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

Completely relevant, but I went to the mall today to get lunch with a friend of mine (the food at the food court sucks...) and when I was going back to my car I saw 3 07' black E350's parked next to each other...there's way too much money / not really moneyed but financially mortgaged up the ass people in south Florida.

Jon.

They're probably all leased.

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Awesome car. When I save up enough money (another 2-3 years), I'm probably going to go for a '97-'99 E320.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

They're probably all leased.
    Nah, I know some people (few and far between, I will admit) that actually own their cars. Leasing has its advantages, even if you can afford to purchase the car outright. But, yeah for the most part Florida is fantasy land. Jon.

11. Houndstooth

Houndstooth Senior member

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

2002 Crown Vic

I see you have the sport model with the police package - sweet. I was actually looking at a Crown Vic/retired police car when I found my Benz. The Vic was just too bare bones - those cop cars have vinyl rear seats and no carpeting.

I have a soft spot in my heart for full size American steel. I could see my next car being a gently used DTS or Town Car. I love that stealthy old-man style. Plus they're the ultimate make-out cars.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I drive a 2005 Infinit G35 Coupe. And this is what it looks (mine is black): [​IMG] It's a car that really wants to be a BMW, but still isn't...

14. briancl

briancl Senior member

I drive a 2005 Infinit G35 Coupe.

And this is what it looks (mine is black):
    [​IMG]

It's a car that really wants to be a BMW, but still isn't...

The 07 G35 is a step in the right direction though. The revised engine makes a lot more power throughout the whole powerband and has a higher redline.

Check it out.. http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136869

15. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

The 07 G35 is a step in the right direction though. The revised engine makes a lot more power throughout the whole powerband and has a higher redline.

Check it out.. http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136869

I'm afraid those charts don't make any sense to me. I'm not much a car enthusiast...

I don't think I'll be keeping the car much longer, it doesn't handle Canadian winters very well, and doesn't stand a chance in the mountains (I live near the Rocky mountains). I think I'll be looking to get an Escalade, Navigator, or RR in the next year or so.