• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those new boots would be an instacop for me if the heel/sole wasn't so stacked.

That folded rubber band boots is an updated version. The older one didn't have stacked soles/heels.

The sneakers are starting to grow on me but the rubber dipped footwear (old and new versions) is something I'll always just admire from afar rather than wear. I'm more interested in what are the properties of this leather paper dart he is using.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
That folded rubber band boots is an updated version. The older one didn't have stacked soles/heels.

The sneakers are starting to grow on me but the rubber dipped footwear (old and new versions) is something I'll always just admire from afar rather than wear. I'm more interested in what are the properties of this leather paper dart he is using.

In before we find out he just bought out the entirety of the Ecco Dyneema leather stock.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In before we find out he just bought out the entirety of the Ecco Dyneema leather stock.

So thin, bonded, supposedly strong leather? You think that's what this paper dart leather is?

Going back to hypebeasts, I think they moved on from CCP or the avant-garde/ninja goth scene. Normally, these will sell out quick in a day or 2 on Darklands but they still have most of the sizes available.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
So thin, bonded, supposedly strong leather? You think that's what this paper dart leather is?

Going back to hypebeasts, I think they moved on from CCP or the avant-garde/ninja goth scene. Normally, these will sell out quick in a day or 2 on Darklands but they still have most of the sizes available.

Blah! A boy can dream, OK?!

And yeah, that's what the Dyneema leather felt like, to me. Sort of thin, sort of dry and papery, really strong. Pretty much the properties of Dyneema but with a sort of paper-leather feel on top. I haven't handled the paper dart stuff but the description and look sort of matches what I've felt with the Dyneema leather.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blah! A boy can dream, OK?!

And yeah, that's what the Dyneema leather felt like, to me. Sort of thin, sort of dry and papery, really strong. Pretty much the properties of Dyneema but with a sort of paper-leather feel on top. I haven't handled the paper dart stuff but the description and look sort of matches what I've felt with the Dyneema leather.
Wait, there is dyneema leather? Link me please?

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Yep, Skeen's got it. Sruli developed it but iirc it's kind of no longer produced because of the high overhead and labor/cost making it pretty impossible for anyone but really large brands to get access to it.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not sure that it is from Ecco

I remember ccp used translucent leather before Ecco (or at least before Ecco started publically talking about it)

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just guessing based on the appearance. Until someone handles both, who knows. Translucent leather's been done for awhile too--both by Sruli and just in general with bookmaking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads