• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

dji0

Reaction score
you are going to hate me, but i posted pics of those (bison ccp) as well (go back one page)
tongue.gif

I think we have similar tastes
biggrin.gif
I've had mine for longer though!
fight[1].gif
great minds think alike and all that.
laugh.gif

one more as I have the pics already for someone who was buying them from me, CUL-PTC/19 2010 unlined diagonal zips:

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've had mine for longer though!
fight%5B1%5D.gif
great minds think alike and all that. :laugh: one more as I have the pics already for someone who was buying them from me, CUL-PTC/19 2010 unlined diagonal zips:
Yes i just received my bison, is the leather on your bison stiff or soft? this CUL look great, lots of scarring with not too much reverse showing, nice pick up. you are a CCP9 i believe, this is not good, competition!

Last edited:

dji0

Reaction score
Yes i just received my bison, is the leather on your bison stiff or soft?

this CUL look great, lots of scarring with not too much reverse showing, nice pick up.

you are a CCP9 i believe, this is not good, competition!
the bison is thick and soft/spongy/doughy, I like it a lot more than the various horse/cordovan options I've handled. grain is less pronounced than on your pair.

the CUL boots are quite a perfect example, sadly I don't wear tornados that often so it didn't make sense to keep both pairs and black is more versatile.

you're in luck, I'm a CCP 6.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the bison is thick and soft/spongy/doughy, I like it a lot more than the various horse/cordovan options I've handled. grain is less pronounced than on your pair.

the CUL boots are quite a perfect example, sadly I don't wear tornados that often so it didn't make sense to keep both pairs and black is more versatile.

you're in luck, I'm a CCP 6. :D  

Sorry I didn't get the 2nd part re cul, you don't wear them and sold em?

dji0

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get the 2nd part re cul, you don't wear them and sold em?
wore them a handful of times but my footwear collection is a tad excessive so it's hard to justify having 2 (visually) very similar pairs in the rotation. CUL boots are still in my possession while waiting for the buyer to complete payment.

the bison tornados have been practically bomb proof since I received them 2.5 years ago (beside the zipper pull that broke due to oxidation early on and was subsequently repaired by the CCP team).

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wore them a handful of times but my footwear collection is a tad excessive so it's hard to justify having 2 (visually) very similar pairs in the rotation. CUL boots are still in my possession while waiting for the buyer to complete payment.

the bison tornados have been practically bomb proof since I received them 2.5 years ago (beside the zipper pull that broke due to oxidation early on and was subsequently repaired by the CCP team).

understood, you wear those bison with insoles? i have them in size 9 and can't use the ccp insoles. leather is super thick!

dji0

Reaction score
understood, you wear those bison with insoles? i have them in size 9 and can't use the ccp insoles. leather is super thick!
I wear them with the insoles, they're more snug than my ROOMS derbies in the same size but not uncomfortable. actually surprisingly the unlined CUL boots were slightly more narrow!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear them with the insoles, they're more snug than my ROOMS derbies in the same size but not uncomfortable. actually surprisingly the unlined CUL boots were slightly more narrow!

good to know for the future... so now that you posted a rick jacket, some ccp, got any a1923?

also check this thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/248835/the-official-streetwear-baller-boot-shoe-thread-700usd-min/18885 it became the deficit thread where we speak about most avant garde designers, its boot focused but things get side tracked occasionally.

dji0

Reaction score
good to know for the future... so now that you posted a rick jacket, some ccp, got any a1923?

also check this thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/248835/the-official-streetwear-baller-boot-shoe-thread-700usd-min/18885 it became the deficit thread where we speak about most avant garde designers, its boot focused but things get side tracked occasionally.
no a1923 but might have something to share in the not so distant future.. have some other pieces to share too but wasn't aware of the "one and done" rule for any given style, might try and snap some photos soonish.

cheers! I've been stalking this, the Rick thread, and the leather jacket for the past couple of months, recently started having a dig through the footwear thread too. I'm in the midst of preparing to move interstate (cross country really) so might be a good time to take a group shot.

Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score

Ha! Understatement of the year, Sinned! A great thread, though, for learning about designers, as you say. And for finding ways to spend even more of your hard-earned coin.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no a1923 but might have something to share in the not so distant future.. have some other pieces to share too but wasn't aware of the "one and done" rule for any given style, might try and snap some photos soonish.

cheers! I've been stalking this, the Rick thread, and the leather jacket for the past couple of months, recently started having a dig through the footwear thread too. I'm in the midst of preparing to move interstate (cross country really) so might be a good time to take a group shot.

keep the pics coming!

Ha! Understatement of the year, Sinned! A great thread, though, for learning about designers, as you say. And for finding ways to spend even more of your hard-earned coin.

:lol: yea down the rabbit hole we go

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trying on some stuff. Can't wait for the temps to drop. This high neck is tighter and with stiffer leather compared to the other one.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone shortened the sleeves of their CCP leather jacket? I showed some pictures to my (very good) leather tailor and he said it would be very difficult given the cuff construction

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How I would love to have the sleeves shortened by at least 2 inches. However, I'd like to keep it proportional to the body length and shortening that area is definitely out of the question. I wish CCP can accommodate changes on sleeve and body length for special orders.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member