• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose Chateau sizing question

Crg67

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just ordered a Canada Goose Chateau parka in a size medium. I am 5ft9/1.75m and 11.4 stone/159lbs. I am a little bit anxious that the coat will be too big/bulky on me. I have quite a broad frame, and my legs are fairly short, whilst my upper half is longer. I hate when coats hit the halfway point on my thighs, as it makes me look stumpy. Yet, my frame doesn't allow me to size down too much to prohibit this. I like them to finish about a quarter of the way down on my thighs.

Does the Chateau fit true to size? I have used the sizing app on the Canada Goose website to determine my size, and it overwhelmingly recommended size medium. However, I remember doing this for a North Face parka, and it was far too big in the recommended size (to be fair, it was a very bulky jacket). So I'm not too sure how accurate that app actually is.

For anyone that has/tried on a Chateau/slim fit Canada Goose coat, did you size down? How does it fit on you in comparison to other coats?

I'd greatly appreciate any replies.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads