• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camel hair scarves?

bsblguy31

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here so go easy on me. I just discovered the forums a few days ago and I'm glad I finally found somewhere I can go and discuss clothes like this. Anyway, onto my question.

I've been looking for a nice winter scarf now for couple weeks or so. I've gotta admit, I'm just out of college and kind of a novice when it comes to higher-end fashion but that's why I'm here. On Sierratradingpost.com, I found some Johnstons of Eligin scarves (which I don't know too much about) that I was interested in. Originally, I was set on getting a cashmere scarf, but I stumbled upon a camel hair one on this site. Could someone fill me in on what this material is like? I'm guessing it's not as soft as cashmere, but how does it compare as far as feel, durability, etc.?
Here's the link of the one I'm looking at:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...f-For-Men.html

Also, does anyone have any opinions on the look of this scarf? It would be mostly used with a black peacoat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Johnstons of Elgin is one of the top UK knitwear producers. Excellent quality.

Camelhair is a bit thicker and fluffier than cashmere, but equally light in weight (much lighter than a wool scarf). Good price. Get it.

Welcome to the forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads