• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Brecon/Chepstow

Clark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
It would be fantastic if you could take a top-down photograph, but if it's too much hassle I understand. Still, would be fantastic.
tongue.gif
redface.gif

Sure, I'll fix that later today.

/C

Clark

Reaction score
Here is a crappy cellphone pic, but at least you can make out the shape.

chepstow1.jpg

Biggen

Reaction score
Wearing my Brecon's right now. It's been one of my favourite pairs since I got them last fall and I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you go with them.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many great replies, thanks.

I prefer the darker colour of the Brecon, but while I have several pairs of shoes on the 341 last, I think I'll prefer the chubbier 325 last for a casual boot. My go-to casual boot is the Chiltern, on the clunkiest last in C&J's boot line-up, the 224. While I like the 341 last it seems that it may be a bit too elongated for a casual boot. Does anyone with the Brecon feel this?

I guess my best bet would be to get the Chepstow and experiment with dyeing it darker.

Anyone with shoes or boots on both the 341 and 325 lasts who can compare the fit of the two?

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Clark - much appreciated. Kaplan - I don't know about the Brecon being 'too elongated', with any more full-legged pant I find the elongated last to not be a problem, and with skinny jeans/pants the elongated last is a natural fit as part of the overall 'look'. But all IMO - different strokes for different folks and all that, so...
smile.gif

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I know what you mean as the 341 definitely isn't in the too long group, like the 348 and others (IMHO). Given no choice I'm sure I would be perfectly satisfied with the Brecon but I suspect I'll like the 325 even better for this.

Clark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan

Anyone with shoes or boots on both the 341 and 325 lasts who can compare the fit of the two?

I have both. I find the 325 a lot roomier than the 341, but the 341 doesn't seem more elongated really. Its a quite slim, elegant last, compared to the more clunky 325. I chose the Chepstow in favour of the Brecons for the tan colour which I find very versatile.

/C

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads