• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J 337 last compared with 348 - different fit?

Degendorff

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to buy my first pair of C&J handgrade collection: the Audley. It's on the 337 last.
Now I'd like to know, if there is a big difference in fit between the 337 and the 348 last (a 10E on the 348 has a perfect fit for my feet)?

Thanks

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
I have one pair of 337 and two of 348. I take a UK 9.5E but bought one of the 348s in a 9.5F by mistake. There is very little difference betwen them that an insole or thicker sock doesn't remedy on the F.

But . . .

I bought another pair of 337s in the sales last week and found the 9.5 to be too big and so got a 9 instead. I am bit worried because I also have a pair of 337s on order and went for a 9.5 based on my normal size.

In other words there appears to be a 1/2 size difference between various models on the same last.

Trimmer

Degendorff

Reaction score
I also posted this thread at the dailyshoes.de forum, and it seemed that there _can_ be problems with the delivery and duty to the European Union. Does anyone of you know, how hight the taxes are? The tariff preference is 4,5%, I think, and the "third-country-duty" is 8%. That would be still a nice 130 EUR discount. Did I make any mistakes?

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Degendorff
I also posted this thread at the dailyshoes.de forum, and it seemed that there _can_ be problems with the delivery and duty to the European Union. Does anyone of you know, how hight the taxes are? The tariff preference is 4,5%, I think, and the "third-country-duty" is 8%. That would be still a nice 130 EUR discount. Did I make any mistakes?

i am unclear where you are and where you are ordering from. If you are in Germany and you ordering directly from England surely there should be no duty?

Trimmer

Degendorff

Reaction score
plal.com delivers from Malaysia
wink.gif

EDIT:
From now on in this thread I only want to discuss the topic question.
My question about taxation can be discussed here.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I too found the 337 to fit slightly larger than the 348. Whether it amounts to a half-size, I'm not sure. What I found is that the 337 just fits me better.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer
I have one pair of 337 and two of 348. I take a UK 9.5E but bought one of the 348s in a 9.5F by mistake. There is very little difference betwen them that an insole or thicker sock doesn't remedy on the F.

But . . .

I bought another pair of 337s in the sales last week and found the 9.5 to be too big and so got a 9 instead. I am bit worried because I also have a pair of 337s on order and went for a 9.5 based on my normal size.

In other words there appears to be a 1/2 size difference between various models on the same last.

Trimmer

Has anyone else experienced this?

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer
Cleverley's (rebranded).

Trimmer

Any chance you know which of the RTW Cleverley's are on the 337? I *love* that last.

Thanks in advance.

leonardo

Reaction score
I am also curious. I am about to order a 348 (Drummond) and had only planned on ordering a half size down from my US size (10.5D on AE PA). Should I go a full size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads