1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying my first overcoat....what color and style should I go for?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nightclubber, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Nightclubber

Nightclubber Well-Known Member

As I reach my mid twenties I am transitioning more into a formal style. Never purchased or owned an overcoat before...looked at several different models in Zara and on Yoox....these 2 came to my mind...one is single breasted, the other is double. Also One is Navy and the other grey...what is your opinion on each in terms or price/quality/versatility? I will mostly be wearing this with some dark wash jeans or chinos.

http://www.yoox.com/us/41589619CJ/i...lot=1&bnpid=41589619&cod10=41589619CJ&sizeId=

http://www.zara.com/us/en/man/special-prices/view-all/coat-with-lapels-c787508p2813433.html

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Should've waited at least a few hours before purchase. The one you did buy looks rather formal for a young man (mainly due to the double-breasted), enough that it's incompatible with jeans. Also, between the extra material and the flannel, it might run warmer than wanted. That aside, it appears to be well-made and tasteful. The Zara one has a more youthful look, but anything from there is unlikely to be of high quality and it has too much synthetic material.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  3. Nightclubber

Nightclubber Well-Known Member

the zara one is 80% wool, the other one is 100%..i bought the other at jsut above 200 so it wasnt a huge investment. the quality on the Yoox one is amazing ! and it looks and fits perfect...but you are right, should be worn with more formal attire