• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying hugo boss shoes online? Where? And quality of?

teacher2

Reaction score
Hi i'm hoping someone on here can help me out....

I'm trying to find a brown hugo boss cerebra pair of shoes (size 7).... But, I can't find anywhere., it might be because I am only able to use the internet on my phone atm....

Any hints?

Prefer postage to AU, but can use a mail forwarder.

Also, anyone have thoughts on the quality? The soles seem a touch weird, but still good quality. Any thoughts at all?

Cheers muchly.

teacher2

Reaction score

Don't know.

Quality? not great.

Thoughts? stick to the more traditional English brands, or Vass if you can afford it.
Cheers, but. There are no acceptable brown shoes in adelaide. I won't buy any shoes online without trying them on first.... And a hugo boss pair is the best I've found that fit well and look fantastic. Same they aren't the exact quality I want.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Hugo Boss works, then it works. Have you tried their online store?

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding their shirts and suits - they are overpriced and you can do better, but they are not likely to fall apart. Their shoes on the contrary are just plain **** and will not last (think quality of Kenneth Cole).

GreenStorm

Reaction score
I strongly do not advise to buy BOSS-shoes. Quality is complete rubbish. The only BOSS-shoes I've ever come across looking good and being of "okay" quality (still not worth the price, but since I got them as a gift..) are full-leather sneakers. They also look fairly good..

Panos

Reaction score
I strongly do not advise to buy BOSS-shoes. Quality is complete rubbish. The only BOSS-shoes I've ever come across looking good and being of "okay" quality (still not worth the price, but since I got them as a gift..) are full-leather sneakers. They also look fairly good..

I completely agree, I bought a pair of BOSS Chelsea boots in the past and it was by far my biggest disappointment in terms of quality.
I would strongly recommend you to stay away.

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding their shirts and suits - they are overpriced and you can do better, but they are not likely to fall apart. Their shoes on the contrary are just plain **** and will not last (think quality of Kenneth Cole).

I own several pair of Hugo Boss shoes, sneakers and one pair of their Chelsea boots. I have had not one problem with any of my purchases.
They are over-priced at retail but there is no point in bitching about this. Most 'designer' names are overpriced. You pay for the name and if you cannot afford to pay then you cannot afford to play. It would be more productive in a thread such as this one, to state specifically why you don't like a brand and then provide detailed alternatives. I probably won't buy anymore HB shoes in the future because for the same price at retail I would prefer Allen Edmonds. For a bit more, Alden or Crockett & Jones would be my suggestions.

Panos

Reaction score
Well, I don't think that I have to add many things apart from what I said before. Had one pair which the quality was very bad. Not good leather, nor good soles. Unless you have found a pair that you really want it I wouldn't go there. I think that for that amount of money HB should offer one of the worst products (in terms of quality).

At least that was my experience, I only had one pair in the past and nothing further.

Last edited:

teacher2

Reaction score
The good news is now I know which model I want. Hugo Boss Cerber Medium Brown Size 7.

The bad news is that I've pent 90 minutes looking online, and can't find any place that has a pair in stock. I've sent off emails to 7 13 companies that stock either the black version or the brown but are out of stock....... so hopefully one of those can get it in.

I'm assuming that since the AU shop has it, they are last season and discontinued :p..... so, it may be hard to find. The closest I've come is a pre-owned 6.5 on Ebay, but I won't get pre-owned, and I'm not 6.5.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look of Hugo Boss but am always wary of the construction. Their shoes are the greatest offenders and AFAIK are all made in China, except for the Selection shoes which are rare.

BTW--we should have a Designer Brands subdivision? HB gets a lot of hate, but it seems to be a gateway drug into more respectable high fashion. Maybe there could be something constructive about conversations on the topic.

frankgold

Reaction score
I bought a pair of hugo boss shoes that squeeked every time I wore them and they wouldn't even take them back. They are not a company with trustworthy products, really.

Most Sincerely. I discourage supporting them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikki90