• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buy & Sell - Did I Get SCAMMED?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
Hi everyone,

I would like to update those who have been following this thread of the situation as of today. After escalding the the PayPal dispute to a claim, paypal waited 7 days for the seller to respond to the dispute. The seller failed to respond within the allotted time and the status of the claim now reads "Status: This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a $130.00 USD refund.
What happens next: Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed."

The seller has notified me via PM through style forum this morning that he was out of the country to attend a death in the family. I will give him and benefit of the doubt and take his word at face value.

Thanks to everyone for the support and advice throughout this process. I appreciate your help greatly.

GO CELTICS!

Was he out of the country for that long of a time period? Did he ever ship the watch?

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Was he out of the country for that long of a time period? Did he ever ship the watch?
He claims that the watch was shipped. If it was shipped, it has been a month and a half and it still hasn't arrived. It was either, stolen, lost, stuck in customs, or was never shipped to begin with... I got my money back and if the item does ever arrive, I will paypal it back to him. I am satisfied that I got my money back.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He claims that the watch was shipped. If it was shipped, it has been a month and a half and it still hasn't arrived. It was either, stolen, lost, stuck in customs, or was never shipped to begin with...
I got my money back and if the item does ever arrive, I will paypal it back to him. I am satisfied that I got my money back.

Did he offer to show you the paperwork?

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never ship U.S. to Canada. Stuff goes into customs and does not come out. Plenty of threads mention this.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
Never ship U.S. to Canada. Stuff goes into customs and does not come out. Plenty of threads mention this.

big plus 1. ive had a few scares. also , receiving first class mail from canada (a couple of times i was waiting for a check or money order) it never came. so we had to do paypal route and buyers had to stop the checks.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like to update those who have been following this thread of the situation as of today. After escalding the the PayPal dispute to a claim, paypal waited 7 days for the seller to respond to the dispute. The seller failed to respond within the allotted time and the status of the claim now reads "Status: This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a $130.00 USD refund.
What happens next: Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed."

The seller has notified me via PM through style forum this morning that he was out of the country to attend a death in the family. I will give him and benefit of the doubt and take his word at face value.
Thanks to everyone for the support and advice throughout this process. I appreciate your help greatly.

GO CELTICS!

My man, you need to be LESS trusting.
FYI, wanna buy a watch??

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
big plus 1. ive had a few scares. also , receiving first class mail from canada (a couple of times i was waiting for a check or money order) it never came. so we had to do paypal route and buyers had to stop the checks.
oh yeah... I recently sold a pair of shoes to a guy in Canada. I'm glad he receive his shoes within 2.5 weeks. I'm glad everything work out.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred

I've never had a problem.

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by z7f9q
I've never had a problem.

i think it's hit and miss. usually i get stuff from the states within 3-5 days. never had a problem until now. i had a package from HK go missing for 2 weeks, but that's the longest i had to ever wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads