• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buttons - online EU source?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an online source for MoP and horn buttons, shipped from within EU.

I did a search here and found this: The Lining Company, which I'm planning to order from. Just posting to see if anyone can vouch for or advice against those and to see if any other recommendations pop up. Thanks.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Just posting to see if anyone can vouch for or advice against those

I've ordered a few times from The Lining Company and the service and speed of delivery has always been exemplary, I highly recommend them.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.schneiderknopf.de

Minimum order is 25 pcs. I ordered these (through email, since NL is not on the website form):

Corozo (big and small), horn (big and small) and MoP (small, shirts):

a3BmX.jpg

kPFwU.jpg

C60nQ.jpg

Lu8Za.jpg

zM6IT.jpg

MZZaN.jpg

XrSNM.jpg

7RkXg.jpg

srcSP.jpg

PEho9.jpg

KC8lx.jpg

jdUkE.jpg

(Enough pics?)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I've ordered a few times from The Lining Company and the service and speed of delivery has always been exemplary, I highly recommend them.
Good to know, thank you.

Originally Posted by NOBD
(Enough pics?)
Yes, almost
laugh.gif

The selection on the site looks good, but 25 of the same kind is more than I need at this time. Thank you for the suggestion though.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, Kaplan. Yes, 25 is a lot. The prices are good though. Good luck on your search.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i have heard good things about them. didn't know about their minimum order.

So have I. Found them on the The Cutter and Tailor forum.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in with my experience: Am waiting on an order from schneiderknopf.de at present - TBH I wasn't impressed with their communication, and FWIW if you're outside the EU your only method of payment is via a direct bank transfer - no international CC, no PP. My partner is from an EU nation so I was a happy chappy but if you're not it becomes incredibly painful/expensive. I'll check back in this thread when my buttons arrive.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
FWIW if you're outside the EU your only method of payment is via a direct bank transfer - no international CC, no PP.

My partner is from an EU nation so I was a happy chappy but if you're not it becomes incredibly painful/expensive.

it's a question of the existing system. in europe bank transfers are preferred, not only due they are free of charge since a few years. we are used to it.

PP is not free of charge either, so what would be your costs for a bank transfer?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
So have I. Found them on the The Cutter and Tailor forum.

better source than mine, hehe

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in europe bank transfers are preferred, not only due they are free of charge since a few years.

You have free bank transfers when transferring outside your own country, but still within EU?

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a question of the existing system. in europe bank transfers are preferred, not only due they are free of charge since a few years. we are used to it. PP is not free of charge either, so what would be your costs for a bank transfer?
Really? Transfer fees from Sweden were $20 for $25 worth of buttons. From Australia it would have been $35 + 4% + whatever disadvantageous exchange rate the bank charges. Compare that to the flat 3.5% + bad exchange rate of PP.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
You have free bank transfers when transferring outside your own country, but still within EU?

EU rules . If within the Euro zone the bank shouldn't charge you more then a local payment. Assuming you provide all the related banking info. Been this way for a few years now IIRC.

Mine aren't free but I think it's only €2 under the 10K limit. 12,5K??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads