• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought 41 was 8 and 42 was 9?

Buttero is generally sized down one, like on the sneakers and Floyd's. I wear a size 42 Buttero Floyd for a size 10D US foot.

I was saying that for certain models that have a strong taper at the toe like the Quentin, to only go down one half or not size down at all. Seems like what you're saying is confirming my advice (and that of the thread).

41L35W

Reaction score
Question for the collective wisdom of you Buttero wearers. I wore my Taninos on my walk to work yesterday and ended up with a massive blister on my heel. I love my Taninos— I have three pair-- and always felt I had sized correctly. Now I am doubting. But my toes in front feel fine...they are not jammed. In fact, normally the whole fit feels fantastic, though I admit they are not easy to get in to. So maybe the size is right and there is some other issue? Is it the stiffness of the leather? Thoughts?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, after all of the Quentin talk, I brought out my cigar brown suede Quentins to wear again after their winter break, and decided they were too tight.

Size is 42.5, fits a US 10D or even 10E since they're fairly generous in the width.

Wore them twice, for real. Just too tight for me as a 10.5 now.

Let me know if you want them before they go to ebay.

20210226_092433.jpg

POLACCO-QUENTIN-IN-SUEDE-SIGARO-BUTTERO_34410_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for the collective wisdom of you Buttero wearers. I wore my Taninos on my walk to work yesterday and ended up with a massive blister on my heel. I love my Taninos— I have three pair-- and always felt I had sized correctly. Now I am doubting. But my toes in front feel fine...they are not jammed. In fact, normally the whole fit feels fantastic, though I admit they are not easy to get in to. So maybe the size is right and there is some other issue? Is it the stiffness of the leather? Thoughts?

if the only comfort issue is the heel then you probably sized them ok. Could certainly be a leather stiffness issue. try working the leather a little and moisturizing the inside of the heel area. Also make sure that whatever socks you wear with them aren’t wearing thin.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but wore my quentins today and noticed these creases. Is this normal?

A1D60AD3-4FC3-4EBB-923D-A87BFD4B6F3B.jpeg 6ECD4662-54EC-416E-9A94-28622B3FDFEB.jpeg B346F618-0A9B-4CCE-929C-6523C78F1986.jpeg
im starting to think they’re a half size too small

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all leather shoes will crease with wear. if you want to diminish the size of the creases you can use shoe trees to help. but unless you have lasted shoe trees, some creasing will always happen.
So these creases don’t indicate that they’re too small? Also, is my ankle bone supposed to be shown through side elastic? 5966AFDA-213E-4D35-90CF-2CA6F97324AA.jpeg

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The creases indicate you walk like a normal human being, bending your foot

If you think it's an issue though you could get one of these and keep your feet perfectly straight, although you'd still have to be careful whenever you're getting on or off, or for that matter putting on or taking your shoes off.
1616459668281.png

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here and assume that he's asking about the level of creasing and the very obvious tightness around the instep.

How did you size @Komuga? TTS or half size down?
Yes I forgot that word instep. That’s where it’s tight for me. In viberg service boots and derby shoes I wear a size 8.5 in yuketen Chelsea boots I’m a size 8.5. In Nike and new balance I’m a size 9. In the paraboot chambord and the safari shoe I’m a size 42 (I am probably a size 41 or 41.5 in the Michael) never tried it tho.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I forgot that word instep. That’s where it’s tight for me. In viberg service boots and derby shoes I wear a size 8.5 in yuketen Chelsea boots I’m a size 8.5. In Nike and new balance I’m a size 9. In the paraboot chambord and the safari shoe I’m a size 42 (I am probably a size 41 or 41.5 in the Michael) never tried it tho.

Gotchya, yeah. I'm selling mine for that reason. I went down a full size, and the width and length are perfect, but it's the instep that's killer.

So what size Quentins did you buy?

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotchya, yeah. I'm selling mine for that reason. I went down a full size, and the width and length are perfect, but it's the instep that's killer.

So what size Quentins did you buy?
Oh forgot to add. Size 41. Everything is fine besides the instep.

I looked online and read that a cobbler can stretch the instep?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads