• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burgundy Shoe Suggestions?

NavyGator

Reaction score
On a recent trip to Brooks Brothers they guy who was helping me showed me the versatility and good looks capable with burgundy shoes, and I am hooked. I thought these Peal & Co captoes were gorgeous (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...var_MH00454_Color=BRWN&contentpos=6&cgid=0522), but a $600+ shoe is out of my price range.

Any suggestion for a lower price point and decent quality burgundy lace up? I am a consultant so I need something I can keep on long hours and walk a ton in.

Appreciate any help, I've already learned a ton lurking here.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoebank.com

Plenty to choose from if you want a nice pair for 150- 250

Keep in mine they are seconds and you may have defects. You can return them.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By your post I gather your not willing to pay $600, but what are you willing to pay? Believe it or not there typically is a big difference between a $300 and a $599 shoe. If your willing to pay $599 I am more than likely going to recommend something that cost that much because personally I prefer all those things that come with a shoe that cost more. The better design, the sleeker Lasts, the better leather, the better soles, and generally better overall quality. Whether or not this matters to you of course I have no idea.

Heck if your just looking for a burgundy shoe, I'm sure Cole Hahn sells a cheap burgundy shoe.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously this is what I would recommend. I would recommend that you take a look at a few brands of shoes to get a better idea for yourself what's out there. Certainly you may not initially understand why brand X cost more than $1000 when brand Y only cost $300 but it would certainly give you a better idea as to what's out there. Also you may find something that appeals to you and not just something that appeals to the person who made the recommendation.

I would recommend that you start with brands it appears your not willing to spend enough to purchase:

John Lobb, St Crispins, Gazianio and Girling, and Edward Green

I would then look at brands closer to the $600 mark

Vass, Crockett and Jones, and Alfred Sargent

Last but not least brands for under $600

Enzo Bonafe, Alden, Carmina, and Allen Edmonds.

Last edited:

NavyGator

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Related to the Loake shoes someone suggested, I saw these from Charles Tyrwhitt which are reputedly re-branded Loake 1880s. Any thoughts?

http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-shoes/...es?q=usddefault||mc236bgd|||||||||||||&page=2

As for price range, this is where I am, either these or Allen Edmonds. I like the coloring/broguing of these better than anything I have seen from AE though.

Chowkin

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Related to the Loake shoes someone suggested, I saw these from Charles Tyrwhitt which are reputedly re-branded Loake 1880s. Any thoughts?

http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-shoes/...es?q=usddefault||mc236bgd|||||||||||||&page=2

As for price range, this is where I am, either these or Allen Edmonds. I like the coloring/broguing of these better than anything I have seen from AE though.

I'm not sure if the CT shoes are rebranded Loake 1880s but if they are, you can get them cheaper at Pediwear as they offer VAT deduction and either free shoe trees or free shipping on a pair of regularly priced Loakes with a catalogue price of more than £150

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads