• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Budget Stereo Speakers

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You are welcome. I am about to buy a pair myself. They really sound like $500 speakers. Add an iPod and voila budget 2 channel system of surprising quality.

fdbaker

Reaction score
Yeah, the AE 2's are terrific, serious gear for the money. I bought a set for my son's dorm room. When I heard how great they sound, I got another set for my office.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never heard these before so I'm not panning them or anything but:
Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2 is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was coaxed from the A2 with some very clever acoustic and electrical design and without using any DSP or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the sealed cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I've never heard these before so I'm not panning them or anything but:

--Andre

GSquared

Reaction score
Right now, there are some really solid deals at bestbuy.

GSquared

Reaction score
Probably true. They had some sick Klipsch speakers in their black friday ad. for over 50% off. If you could afford them (a little higher than your budget), they would be good for most midrange systems.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
now do you have a receiver?

polks are worth keeping an eye open for as they have had some heavy price slashing the past year (although I think the AE's were a great suggest)

EMY

Reaction score
I have the logitech z2400. Do NOT get.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.